54 coaches online • Server time: 17:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should the TS formula be adjusted?
Yes, the BBRC changes need to be accounted for
78%
 78%  [ 39 ]
No, leave it well enough alone
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 50

Renegade

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, I already proposed that in a different thread BOOHOO stealing my ideas from the chat

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1797[url]
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyhow, we are here to play and not to whine. So get your matches and play them. Have fun and don't cry for changes who are anyway pointless. ( I do not even look at rosters, thx to TR & STR)

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact is if I get 2 players mng i'm going to have to play down TR in the next game to find an opponent with the same Str. Which means i'm going to have a handicap roll to deal with. Doesn't that seem a bit wrong to you? Incurring 2 penalties from one game?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, adjusting the TS formula slightly to take the new WA and PO into account is fine, if you ask me. Nothing drastic, just seeing if the new rules seem to make them worth less (and I believe, although I don't have stats, that they do). This may take some time for testing, so patience, everyone.

Secondly, to people whining about either TR and/or TS, please take a moment to look at exactly what you are talking about.

TR is a LRB mechanism to determine the approximate strength of your team over an extended period of time. If you have a bunch of cash, you'll do better than an otherwise identical team which is broke. If you have 2 players missing the next game, then you'll do better over time than an almost identical team who doesn't even have those two players. It's primary used for team balanced over time, generally by the lower income rolls and handicaps against the greater of the two teams. Make sense?

Ok, now TS is a FUMBBL mechanism to determine the likelihood of either team winning a particular match. It is used for determining FUMBBL rankings of coaches and players based upon how the performed in a particular match against a particular coach and a particular team. This has no actual effect on the game play, rather it is a LEAGE-SPECIFIC stat.

Fortunately, both of these can be used to determine whether a match between two teams should be close. Unfortunately, neither is perfect. Nor is anything else. If you don't wish to have problems finding an appropriate match, look at the two rosters and draw your own conclusions. That's the only way to do it.

Now quit whining and start playing.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no reason to hide something that some people find very usefull just because some people like to whine about it. That's like saying that since one person in the group doesn't like candy, no one can have any candy.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: