41 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VampyrSlayer

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to suggest that in order to play BBox you must have a minimum of 3 teams available to play. There must be one team from each of the AV Groups
e.g.
Group 1
CD
Dwarf
Khemri
Ogre
Orc
Rotter
Chaos

Group 2
DE
HE
Necro
Human
Undead
Lizardmen
Vampire

Group 3
Amazon
Elf
Goblin
Halfling
Norse
Skaven
Wood Elf

All pairings in the box would still be available and your preferred nomination would still work, but a few more interesting match-ups may occur, as it would at least then provide a bit more variety in the teams that frequent the box rather than seeing predominately dwarf, cd and khemri. It might also allow a reduction in the coaches required to activate - if everyone has 3 teams activated, the chances of similar pairings might be adequate with only 5 coaches activating rather than the 6 currently.
Emeyin

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know. I have four teams, and according to your groups I'd have 2 teams in Group 1 and 2 teams in Group 2. I'm all for more games and matchups in the Box but I don't think my heart can handle playing a 7 AV team in Ranked much less the Black Box.
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

theory- yes

in practice - no

why? = Cos C has dismissed said idea

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

technically chaos should be in the av8 group and khemri in the av7 group

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, let's force people to make teams they don't want, and randomly force them to play said teams, because you don't want to play teams that can hurt you. That's a brilliant idea. If I have a team I like, I shouldn't be able to play that team at will, I should have to make 2 other teams and be forced to play them just as often. This will certainly make people want to play B.

~Robert Wilensky

http://thespoonybard.mybrute.com/
Meech

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread...

Make me feel like that.

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't there a league just for people who want to know who they are playing against...???

Oh yeah... Ranked.

__Synn
Rebholz

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Meech wrote:
This thread...

Make me feel like that.

agreed. Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating. Also, what is that? Cause now I want one.
VampyrSlayer

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabl0658 wrote:

The groups are just an example, groups could be of any nature.
VampyrSlayer

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

TheSpoonyBard wrote:
Yes, let's force people to make teams they don't want, and randomly force them to play said teams, because you don't want to play teams that can hurt you. That's a brilliant idea. If I have a team I like, I shouldn't be able to play that team at will, I should have to make 2 other teams and be forced to play them just as often. This will certainly make people want to play B.

Maybe your English isn't that good if you missed the point by so much.

It issue is not about bashing it is about variety. All my teams happily play dwarves, cds, khemri and the like as that is what they are in the box for. Although it seems that this is all they get to play as noone wants to diversify - your solution to this is?

Although checking your [B] teams - 1 Dwarf team - and out of 1438 games you have played never a game with elves. I now know why you would oppose such a suggestion as mine.
Brother-Fu

Post 10 Posted: May 22, 2009 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Rebholz wrote:
Meech wrote:
This thread...

Make me feel like that.

agreed. Box needs less restrictions, not more, in order to get more coaches activating. Also, what is that? Cause now I want one.

Me wants too!! Razz

What is it; eggs in some pork-thingy Question

Brother-Fu
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

that is definatly cheese

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabl0658 wrote:

QFT

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ok people although many might not accept the suggestion made by the guy who started this thread, it is (as so often) a brilliant reaction by the "community".

the suggestion is not that bad, at least it doesnt deserve this kind of stupid bull...
treborius

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

VampyrSlayer wrote:
...a bit more variety in the teams that frequent the box rather than seeing predominately dwarf, cd and khemri.

i don't agree - i've played less than 30 games vs. the 3 races you're mentioning in over 150 Box-games with my active teams - that's even less than 20% Wink

VampyrSlayer wrote:
It might also allow a reduction in the coaches required to activate - if everyone has 3 teams activated, the chances of similar pairings might be adequate with only 5 coaches activating rather than the 6 currently.

i agree, that 5 (or even 4) coaches activating would be sufficient for the scheduler to find appropriate match-ups in a lot of cases
it's a lot better when those coaches have more teams, of course - but it doesn't matter to the scheduler whether that's 10 Khemri teams or other races Wink
personally i shiver everytime i get matched vs. Khem, but after the game i'm mostly happy 'bout it cause i got an easy win Smile (possibly hurt, but just grow a thicker skin Cool )

forcing coaches to play certain teams or in a certain style won't make the Box a better place and as far as i'm concerned: it's the best on fumbbl, so far Smile
 Jump to: