68 coaches online • Server time: 21:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HidaBukkorosu

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ok i'm a total newbie, and i'm wondering why my team was rejected, is the name Rawburg Recruits inappropriate, i thought it sounded good as that's what my team is as i'm a n00b... or was it the design, i made a human team with 2 throwers 4 catchers 4 blitzers and however many lineman i could afford... is that design not allowed?

i tried responding to the rejection message like it said but haven't gotten a reply...
whitey

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Did your players have names like lineman1 etc?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't disallow your team, so I can't give a specific answer. The Rejection message is an automatic one - replying to it goes to nowhere. Whatever the case we do _not_ dissallow teams for "design" reasons - whatever way you want to start is okay (there are some exceptions). Most teams that I am disallowing don't have proper names for their players (as whitey mentioned) few are pushed back due to being offensive. I also disallow teams that have duplicate player names (happens quite often due to accident) as well - but send a seperate PM to the coach in that case.

Take a critical look at your team, HidaBukkorosu, change anything that you feel might be "not okay" and resubmit - then head to the chat and contact one of the monkeys directly so we can have a look at it.

-Mnemon
HidaBukkorosu

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, didn't have any lineman1 or anything...
HidaBukkorosu

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Malthor explained it to me, it's cause i didn't have enough fan factor or rerolls...
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, except a team should *never* be rejected for that reason. I'll bring that up with him.

The Finishing Touch
ourden

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My first team was rejected for that reason http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=28664 , but I gave all players two names (b4 the line men only hade one name) and resubmitted... and it was accepted.

Another time I subitted a real crappy team while I was avaliable in chat, one of the admins (think it was grum)PM:d me and asked me why I didn't have any re-rolls...
I agreed that it was a BAAAAAAAD idea and that I would change it.
He rejected it with my consent and I resubmitted.

Some of my teams have no re-rolls and that makes it a heck of a lot "exciting" heh heh.

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the reason you were getting different results is that we have different approvers, you just got a different person when you submitted the team the second time. The only time a team should get disallowed is when the team or player names violate the naming rules, but apparently some people have been disallowing teams that were just poorly made in their opinon, something that is not supposed to be happening.

The Finishing Touch
ourden

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Yeah, the reason you were getting different results is that we have different approvers, you just got a different person when you submitted the team the second time. The only time a team should get disallowed is when the team or player names violate the naming rules, but apparently some people have been disallowing teams that were just poorly made in their opinon, something that is not supposed to be happening.

Well I for one are for giving coaches a second chance, in case they made a crappy team.
But there ought to be feedback, such as a PM or chat.

Grum:
"Dude you NEED re-rolls"
A friend of mine:
"You really ought to pick a higher fan factor"

and give them the options of keeping the "crappy" team or changing it
I hadn't played BB b4 entering fumbbl, I read the Rulebook watched a few replays, and then made my first team (silverswords)
I didn't really start to appriciate RR and FF until after a few games when I'd seen they can do for the outcome of the match.

And thats good enough for me Very Happy
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I have no problem with an approver contacting someone to tell them they really should adjust their team, but they shouldn't reject the team.

Even if the team gets approved, you can retire it before it plays it's first game and it just sets it back to New so you can edit it.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: