48 coaches online • Server time: 19:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I think I read somewhere that the game server prevents multiple logins from the same account.

I know it was implemented to prevent self spectating.

I wonder if it was possible to remove that barrier for Alpha stage and allow coaches to play themselves (probably non progressing, not reporting)

I think this would benefit in more tests being run.

Additionally I think we should set up at least some form of testing path. Meaning we would need to make a list of things to test. Something like:

1. Setup
1.1 Inducements
1.2 Player setup
1.3 Kickoff
1.4. Wheather
1.5 ...

2. Move
2.1 Moving
2.2. Dodging
2.3 skills affecting movement
2.3.1 Dodge
2.3.2 Leap
2.3.3 ...

3. Block
3.1 1D Block
3.2. 2D Block
3.3 3D Block
3.4 -2D Block
3.5 -3D Block
3.6 Blitz (1d, 2d,... yaddayadda)
3.7 skills affecting blocks
3.7.1 wrestle
3.7.2 grab
3.7.3 ...

4. Pass
4.1 passing ranges
4.1.1 quick
4.1.2 short
4.1.3 long
4.1.4 long bomb
4.1.5 punt (pass to empty square)
4.2 hand off
4.3 catching
4.3.1 within TZ
4.3.2 catch affecting skills
4.4 throw affecting skills

5. Scoring
5.1 players turn
5.1.1 correct finish leading to setup
5.2 opponents turn
5.2.1 correct turn advancement
5.3 post score rolls

This is by no means a complete list, just a start. Unfortunately I do not have the time to compile a list, least playtest (and I would so love to!!!). But I want to contribute, so I strongly suggest to make up those test cases. This probably should do someone with a more complete knowledge of LRB 5 then myself.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent suggestion. Are there any Fumbblers with QA experience in video games?
xcver

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah good one. I tried that first thing but unfortunately it didn't work. Think that I would test more with that being in place cause I could take some breaks within a game and still do some testing.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

the most important is testing the base mechanics of the game: pre-match (inducements and rolls), setup, kick-off, action choice, the various actions, turn progression, scoring, beginning a new drive, injuries, the post-match...

then come the skills and how they modify these

and then come the interactions between skills

seems obvious, but can't hurt to say it Very Happy
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
the most important is testing the base mechanics of the game: pre-match (inducements and rolls), setup, kick-off, action choice, the various actions, turn progression, scoring, beginning a new drive, injuries, the post-match...

then come the skills and how they modify these

and then come the interactions between skills

seems obvious, but can't hurt to say it Very Happy

exactly!

I said it was not complete. I just wanted to point out that it might be necessary to talk about testing and fix a path.

Of course you are right that first of all the client itself needs to run smoothly before we can worry about the single skill. Still it needs to be said and put into writing, imho.

Jump to: