31 coaches online • Server time: 03:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

So what's the strangest reason you've had a game turned down? I've gotten tackle as a reason before and such before, but I had the strangest one ever just a little while ago...My would be opponent turned me down because my team had too much block. That's right, too many players with block. Oh yes, and one player with frenzy.

Can anyone top that?
Chappy

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a chaos team before the rules review with 3 warriors and a beastman all with piling on and RSC turn me down because my orc team has 3 ST 5 players. I guess I'm too bashy.... Smile
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I was once turned down (rather rudely) for attempting to warn a potential opponent before we got started that I might have to take a break in the course of the game.

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I was told that my Elves had too high an agility, he said that there was no point playing Orcs against me as i could dodge away from him. This was High Elves, so im not entirely sure what he expected.

Flings Rule!
oeuftete

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I've turned down an opponent because he had too many numbers in his nick. Seriously. The rule serves me pretty well.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2003 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

oeuftete wrote:
I've turned down an opponent because he had too many numbers in his nick. Seriously. The rule serves me pretty well.

Hopefully that was more then two digits in his nick. Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I had my Dwarf team turned down because my potential opponent didn't want to play a "mirror game" - he had Dwarves as well and even though they were closely rated, he didn't want to play against the same race...

I can't fathom that - it's the ultimate coach challenge. Two teams grinding it out with the same strengths and weaknesses....
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't fathom that either, though it's also happened to me.

Once a coach gets over any strange preconception he might have that it's a "mirror game" and will be boring, he'll see that it is invariably quite entertaining and offers a challenge unique to this kind of matchup. You said it, Clay...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Rejected for having a Dirty Player for moral purposes.

No wonder the guy is scared of getting smashed if he won't take a DP to menace bashy teams into playing the ball a bit more he must have taken some thumpings.

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

An Amazon coach refused a challenge from my Dwarves because of the inherent dodge/tackle matchup - his team however was rated over 40 pts higher and strength over 30 pts. The Dwarven team at that time had no ogre or any player with MB.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I challenged someone once with my chaos ( a good mix of bashy and +ag team ) and the person said, i'm sorry, my house is on fire....i have to go....and then was online for another 3 hours.
I have been turned down numerous times for having a RSC minotaur, and the rest of my team was ballhandlers.
Too many +str guys ( 2 of them ).....
DP on my team ( 1 )
the best one was " you have too many tacklers " from an amazon coach to my humans ( 2 blitzers had tackle ), meanwhile he had 7 or 8 players with Blodge
i think i could go on forever, but it's pointless to ramble, and i'm wasting precious time to get refused all night again....
Jezlad

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Something tells me the house on fire comment was a figment of your deluded imagination...
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been turned down for too much money before.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a human coach turn down my equal str goblin team. Both teams where about str 170 with close to the same tr he had plenty of tackle and block on his team and my gobbos didn't have a single dirty player or even a piling on big guy. I guess the ogre with pass was just to scary for him. Confused

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2003 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

cant remember tbh but there have been some very good ones,....

Jump to: