28 coaches online • Server time: 11:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kjwise

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My orcs and khemri have a hard time getting a game v.s elves, if anyone is up, I'm game Very Happy
Adar

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

kjwise wrote:
My orcs and khemri have a hard time getting a game v.s elves, if anyone is up, I'm game Very Happy

Drop the mummies and I'll play you Wink .

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty blow eh? Wink Scares me too :p That's why you elves have dodge and we orcs high armour
kjwise

Post 6 Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really starting to look forward to some kind of a challange system.
Getting games is starting to be a b***h!

<****> I don't like getting my teams mutilated. You have a bunch of mummies plus a dirty player.
<****> The mummies alone would have been ok, but the DP tells me what your play style is like.
<kjwise> it does, does it?
<****> Well, maybe not.
<****> But I'm not particulary interested in finding out the hard way.
<kjwise> go find some elves Very Happy
<****> will do Very Happy
Jugular

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

join a tournament
Open is boring
Seppuku

Post 12 Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

At the end of the day, we are all in a position to turn down/agree to a match. To even mention the idea of being obliged to play any offer (perhaps within a certain TR/TS range) is bloody ludicrous, and would quickly lead to coach numbers falling, probably me included. I don't want to invest (a LOT of) time into a team to see them slaughtered by a team i wouldn't choose to play. Anyone who thinks differently is probably certifiable.

But this chat is about reasons why you've been turned down. I've made the usual "too much Block" etc comments, and i'd make a bloody good argument for the reasons why....

But my fave reason i've been given is "your Wood Elves have a tree"
Well, friend, by 160-ish tr/ts, most woodies do..... Confused
Delta

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2004 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Somebody once offered my 2 game old Dark Elf team a match against a strong 7 game Khemri squad stating that:

Quote:
I have only got 3 mummies for the next match.

He didn't mention the TR/ST difference. (I think it was in the region of 30/40+ but can't quite remember!)

Man, I think it took me 20 mins to stop laughing. I felt so sorry for him!!

(I have since played a Khemri team with them, just in case people think I dodge and cherrypick with my Elves. Wink )

Ultimately I will play any match that I think I will have at least a fair chance of winning. (although after playing Deathgerbil I have started to avoid excessive PO/RSC/DP/MB teams...the odd one or two are okay but not a squadfull!!) Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, pile on and razor claws are overrated. they USED to be a feared combo, but now you'll have to be VERY lucky to break armor with razor claws and pile on. against av 9 and up teams, like orcs and such you NEED mighty blow to even stand a SMALL chance at getting any injuries at all. just one or two might blows against orcs or dwarves = low strength game or elfball team.

Hey, in that game I didn't have an EXCESSIVE amount of killing machines in our game Delta! unless you count enjoyment and pikachu the immortal on the same field together as excessive Twisted Evil
Delta

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2004 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe...given the team line ups, I would probably still play that match!!

It's true though that at the time it wasn't excessive. Very dangerous, but not excessive. I think you only had around 6 players. (which is probably the reason I took the match anyway!)

Fun game though. Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

This is kind of funny...

A guy does LFG with all his teams. I challenge his orcs. He says he's not looking for a game with his orcs, he's looking for a game with a different team. I say, then you should do LFG team name for the team you are LFG for. He says I know.

A few moments later he LFGs again with the same orcs.

Geez...just say no for goodness sake.
kurre

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2004 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Why make up reasons not to play a game, just say no if you dont wanna play a certain team. In most divisions you got the freedom to just say no thanks.
Wolter

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG ive been turned down soo many times becourse i was a EMU member.....

top that Wink
kjwise

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I got this silly idea, if you don't complete a cycle of all available races, you stop getting mvp's for the games until your cycle completes.. However, that should be a special division, one for the brave ones.
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolter wrote:
OMG ive been turned down soo many times becourse i was a EMU member.....

top that Wink

Probably didn't help my dwarf team's cause...

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2004 - 21:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood elf coach refuse to play my nurglle rotters becouse my players had to many horns=mautations:)
i hope he wasnt serious, i hope:)
 Jump to: