32 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tedage

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i got turned down by an opponent a while ago because my dwarfs had too much guard.... i had one dwarf with guard, people are pretty stupid now...
shlominus

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

zwobot turned me down because he didnĀ“t like my hairstyle. Very Happy
at least he was original.
origami

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2004 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

My woodelves were turned down because they have a lone DP. My opponent was afraid that his team would be wrecked.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm starting to see alot of "your TR is way higher then mine" turn downs of late (outside of stunty of course).

Amusing, of course, since with the SR system we have here a high TR just means you are giving up handicaps because you have injured players or are carrying cash.
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a guy turn me down on reputation alone. I had a reputation with my bashy team of crowding with my frenzy and fouling with my DP and piling on every chance I got. He chose not to play my Wood elfs, who had no bash skill whatever, on my reputation alone.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

swilhelm73 wrote:
...Amusing, of course, since with the SR system we have here a high TR just means you are giving up handicaps because you have injured players or are carrying cash.

There could be a grain of truth (a grain of reason?) to this one, however. Usually a team with a few experienced players will have a similar SR and a higher TR than an less experienced team with a few backups on the bench. I've generally found (from both sides) that that's frequently a recipe for a walkover.

Of course, that might not be the case, he or she could well just be daft. Smile

Either way, it just goes to show that the only way to really know is check the rosters if you care that much.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
swilhelm73 wrote:
...Amusing, of course, since with the SR system we have here a high TR just means you are giving up handicaps because you have injured players or are carrying cash.

There could be a grain of truth (a grain of reason?) to this one, however. Usually a team with a few experienced players will have a similar SR and a higher TR than an less experienced team with a few backups on the bench. I've generally found (from both sides) that that's frequently a recipe for a walkover.

Hmm, perhaps I if you are talking about say a 300/200 versus a 175/175 or something on the extreme end, and I would say primarily because of virus and the fact coaches with those super high tr teams tend to be quite good. Smile

I was really more noticing people turning down 200/180 versus 170/170 type match ups. I usually don't hunt for match ups that require more then say 2 handicaps to equalize as it does get more random.

I would presume it is generally two things in reality: people who are new to fumbbl and therefore are somewhat unsure of the SR ratings (I know I was my first week or so), and people who just really don't want to play your team for some other reason.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm Swilhelm teams with a 30point TR Difference (and equal ST) can be quite far apart in the number of skills they have I mean yesterday I played a Chaos Pact with 11 players TR188 with my TR150 odd High Elfs (i had 13 players) he had 26 skills (including a ST increase and a AG increase) I had 11 skills (one double) and the ST difference for our teams was 1 point (in my favor this was without adding the +5 for each handicap)

So it is entirely possible for a small TR difference (2 handicaps) to add up to a large difference in the player skills
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
Hmm Swilhelm teams with a 30point TR Difference (and equal ST) can be quite far apart in the number of skills they have I mean yesterday I played a Chaos Pact with 11 players TR188 with my TR150 odd High Elfs (i had 13 players) he had 26 skills (including a ST increase and a AG increase) I had 11 skills (one double) and the ST difference for our teams was 1 point (in my favor this was without adding the +5 for each handicap)

So it is entirely possible for a small TR difference (2 handicaps) to add up to a large difference in the player skills

You had more players, and more expensive players.

He had more skills, but also more injuries.

Sounds about right.

And I see that you won the game though it was a close one. That's exactly what one would expect with functionally +11 SR.
Jahira

Post 6 Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Myself, I turn down quite a few games with my chaos too though. My Evangelists fear the handicap rolls to no end (especially vs Milnestar, keeps rolling virus and under scrutiny). But the only team(s) I'll turn down when handicaps are no problem is Softnfluffy's devilish demons. Practically anything she makes turns out vile, sinister and <b>WRONG</b>! Surprised Tremble Before Me is just frightening, those dwarves have issues.. my chaos cry themselves to sleep just thinking about playing 'em.

WELL omg Thats funny!!!!
 Jump to: