39 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 09:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
....then why did most of the original B coaches(myself included) quit playing in B when the 0RR+Leader exploit was running rampant?....

I feel that is the wrong question. It should rather be:
Why didn`t all those that (rightfully) quit [B] because they felt that the 0RR+leader abuse was ruining things came back after the exploit was fixed?

You don`t see me going on about how bad [B] scheduling is, because once there was a time, when good coaches were punished by nearly unplayable matches. Instead I returned, when it was fixed.

On topic:
I don`t think blacklisting will be needed.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 09:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I still find it quite laughable that the majority of coaches seem to come down on one side of the fence or another regarding [R] & [B]. I love playing [R], either trying to emulate my favourite human team in [R], The Hellfish, by playing humans, or trying to get a team up to tournament level (despite my appauling tourney record).

Sometimes I think, 'Time for a [B] game' because I get tired of trying to find a game in [R]. I'm not as hardcore as some [B] guys, but I've played more than a few games there.

I like them both, but yes, they are both flawed. Isn't everything? The way a lot of coaches carry on here, there's nothing positive about any division at all! Most coaches DEMAND PERFECTION.

Oh yeah, that's right. They demand perfection because most coaches on here are PERFECT. My bad. I hope I become perfect one day....

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I say try again, put a stunty box together, bashy is debatable, fouling is expected, and lots of dead bodies is kinda fun. Get back to what it should be a quick game scheduler, instead of offering and getting no, no, no, oh god no i dont play those teams. But just get rid of the TS calculation, its hashed broken and skewed to specifict style of play. Just use a simple TR- missing players TR V value and cash on hand when scheduling. sure you will get some meta gaming teams that are out just to kill your stunties but who really expects them to live? BB is fun, encourage the cheating the kicking and mayhem that makes this more then a wanabee checkers with a pretend football.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

agree with calc

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
....then why did most of the original B coaches(myself included) quit playing in B when the 0RR+Leader exploit was running rampant?....

Why didn`t all those that (rightfully) quit [B] because they felt that the 0RR+leader abuse was ruining things came back after the exploit was fixed?

That one really makes sense!

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

I suppose it's like dating a girl, if on the first date you realize she's not for you. What are the odds of the girl getting a second chance Razz
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. if I date a girl and realize, she`s ugly, but then I meet her again 2 years later, she still wants me and now she`s hot...
odi

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing is, that if I wasnt interested 2 years previously, I was propably such an idiot that she would still be pissed at me 2 years later. In which case her being hot or not wont matter Very Happy
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 15:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:

...who (of the B coaches) ever said (s)he was high and mighty (or something similar)?
...who (of the B coaches) ever said (s)he was a hardcore coach?

...Just though i better set something straight!

It was me. Very Happy

... but i lied. Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
So the argument go: Pickers play in R

Then I guess most people on fumbbl are pickers since most games are played in R

But I would like to see a B coach play in R with his elves that would keep on playing claw&razor&tackle teams all the time. But I guess it wont happen for those hardcore loving B coaches. Because B is the only division where pickers are not in.

So yeah I will keep on picking in R. But maybe the correct word is not picking, but choosing your matches? Just a thought for those B coaches that think that R is the picker division.

That's exactly the wrong thing about [R]... Having the choice.... I'm not saying you cherrypick... I'm saying you CAN cherrypick... that's the problem. So you CAN cherrypick your way to have a powerfull team, then play in a tournament. So wrong....
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
Ehlers wrote:
So the argument go: Pickers play in R

Then I guess most people on fumbbl are pickers since most games are played in R

But I would like to see a B coach play in R with his elves that would keep on playing claw&razor&tackle teams all the time. But I guess it wont happen for those hardcore loving B coaches. Because B is the only division where pickers are not in.

So yeah I will keep on picking in R. But maybe the correct word is not picking, but choosing your matches? Just a thought for those B coaches that think that R is the picker division.

That's exactly the wrong thing about [R]... Having the choice.... I'm not saying you cherrypick... I'm saying you CAN cherrypick... that's the problem. So you CAN cherrypick your way to have a powerfull team, then play in a tournament. So wrong....

OR:
You play in R because it's more relaxed, and you know you can take on all challenges today even if you don't feel like thinking too much. If the dice hit you too hard, you can find a decently relaxed and laid-back game later to help your team recover.

In B if you don't focus every-single-game, you risk having a spiralling nightmare of bad games.

And yes, I know that my beaten up teamwill meet equally beaten up teams in B too, but that's hardly the solution, since the competitive spirit of B will likely make a mess of that "two beaten-up teams" game too.

Sometimes you just want to play more relaxed. Competitive, but not totally hardcore.

I think quite a few of Ranked coaches feel this way. Right or wrong, I'm not judging anyone here.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

jarvis_pants wrote:
It was me. Very Happy

... but i lied. Crying or Very sad

you play Elf, you're a wussie, suffer some moar Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
You play in R because it's more relaxed, and you know you can take on all challenges today even if you don't feel like thinking too much. If the dice hit you too hard, you can find a decently relaxed and laid-back game later to help your team recover.

In B if you don't focus every-single-game, you risk having a spiralling nightmare of bad games.

And yes, I know that my beaten up teamwill meet equally beaten up teams in B too, but that's hardly the solution, since the competitive spirit of B will likely make a mess of that "two beaten-up teams" game too.

Sometimes you just want to play more relaxed. Competitive, but not totally hardcore.

I think quite a few of Ranked coaches feel this way. Right or wrong, I'm not judging anyone here.

yes and that's simply why blackbox isn't for everyone (not judging either btw).

But I think that some R coaches could find B fun and doesn't try due to some misconceptions (coming form the first time of the box)

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 13:07
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

treborius wrote:
you play Elf, you're a wussie, suffer some moar Twisted Evil

ur right elfs are for wussies.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=530483

Twisted Evil flings are more fun

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

odi wrote:
The thing is, that if I wasnt interested 2 years previously, I was propably such an idiot that she would still be pissed at me 2 years later. In which case her being hot or not wont matter Very Happy

But what if she had your baby from two years ago and wants to be a family with you despite her father being disgruntled that you left when she needed you the most even though he had an affair when her mother was pregnant by her uncle and they owe too much on backtaxes but are willing to lend you money for a house.

Would you go back to her?

Probably not....sort of the same with B I guess.