20 coaches online • Server time: 07:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tamzarian

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I just started a Dwarf Team. Although I'm not totally new to BloodBowl, I can't really estimate the long-time values, especially those of the position players. Hence, I have a question on how to spend my enormous treasury:

I'm undecided between buying another lineman right now and saving the money to buy another slayer after the next match. Slayers are, I think, really worth the 90k. The one I already have is the main actor in the never-ending play of beating up opponents in the wings. Nonetheless, poor Jasper Kleen is yet to earn his first sp. On the other hand, my linemen are expelled from the game by the ref for fouling on a regular basis. Hence, it would be nice to have one in reserve.

Since the Dwarves are rather hard and my apothecary is ready to start his curative work, I'm not afraid of playing short-handed due to injuries. So, what would you advise me to do?

Thanks for any comments
Tamzarian
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My thought would be go ahead and get that third reroll as it will also lower your TR 4 points.
Tamzarian

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I haven't thought about this option. So there are three alternatives: lineman or reroll right now or slayer after the next match.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Did you know that Dwarf Rerolls are about the best valued of them all? They add 4TR per Reroll, I can't really think of another race that has its rerolls that cheap. You should really have more of them than you would with another team, partly because they're cheap and also because dwarven ballhandling is iffy.

I like Slayers for their Dauntless but dislike Frenzy because it puts me out of ideal position (or maybe I'm just that bad at Blood Bowl). Be aware that they're high priority targets for your opponents, not only are they expensive, but they're pretty much armored like a human lino. They just don't go KO as often.

Longbeards have a step up from most other bench players. Suppose my orc blitzer gets injured, he gets replaced by an orc lino that doesn't lend much in terms of effectiveness to the team. A Longbeard replacement comes with Block and Tackle, pretty much what you'd like to see in a bench warmer anyway. An orc lino needs playing time to become effective, a Longbeard comes equipped with most of the package once he enters your roster.

In your situation, I would go with a reroll, as you have 11 players (what's this I hear about fouling? Unless you've already won or are desperate, don't foul without a DP). As long as you can field 11 players, buy up all the rerolls you can. Eventually you'll want to replace and add more players, but that's a few games away at this stage.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

11 Dwarves are enough at low TR... get that 3rd reroll and buy the slayer later (in my opinion dwarves don´t need more than 4 RRs as long as they´re sub 200TR).