33 coaches online • Server time: 12:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
iosteno

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi to all Fumbbl people. I,m new and this is my second BB game; I would ask to more expert players (especially humans) if they can take a look at my last "steno twins" game and offer me suggestions. Please let me know what you think it's good or wrong and how I can improve my play!

Thanks to all.

This is the link of the game

http://www.fumbbl.com/replay/JBBReplay.jnlp?game=2703927
tomfromparis

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to improve you may consider spectating games between experienced players, maybe some with not too bad stats (check the win-loss records).

Spectating is always useful, especially when you're new to the game or when you don't know some races well enough.

As for your humans i'd advise against such a low fan factor to start with and i'd suggest you get rid of the blitzer with a niggling injury.

Oh and welcome to Fumbbl btw Very Happy
Jarvis555

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look at the strategy guides

http://fumbbl.com/help:RaceStrategy

Lots of useful info in there.
Would second that higher FF is worth while.

From a quick watch of the replay I'd say try to use your big guy last of all as he can't use the Re-rolls, and foul more.
treborius

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

iosteno wrote:
http://www.fumbbl.com/replay/JBBReplay.jnlp?game=2703927

i find it hard to believe, that this is your 2nd BB-game, only Wink
(surely, you have played TT, before?)
...at first glance (kinda browsed through the replay) it looks like my level, about (that doesn't mean much, but it still took me a few hundred games to get here Wink
...only thing i could make out:

try to be prepared for the unexpected, i.e. don't take risks early in your turn unless there's no other good way.
don't block / blitz with your big guy early in the turn, etc. (since you can't re-roll his actions and it might cause early turnover...)
if you don't have any other player with Block and you don't have re-rolls left, it doesn't make much of a difference, of course (actually, getting 3d-blocks might make your big guy more reliable, then Wink
also, consider the possibility of Blitz during kick-off and don't focus too much on 1 side during setup, especially when your oppo has Kick (didn't check that, though)

EDIT: welcome to fummbl \o/
paullilly

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, I was the opposition in this game, so definitely interested in any comments anyone has on both teams. Thanks for a tough game Iosteno, i just wish my Wight had caught the ball and stolen the draw. Still, that's Blood Bowl!
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Firstly, its noob, not nobb Smile
Secondly, I thought you played quite well (hey you won after all!), and your opponent had a bit of luck (including a Blitz kick off). However, I also thought that you relied on a healthy amount of luck yourself. What I would have done differently is:
A. Shifting your play to one wing is often a weak play against a good coach. It worked on your first drive, because your opponent didn't react cleverly to it, but I really like it when my opponent does it, because it is very easy to shut down completely.
B. On your first defence drive, you went after the ball down one wing, but left yourself weak with lots of players out of position. Again, this wasn't really exploited but could have been. There is a balance between putting pressure on the ball, and keeping players in good defencive positions. These days I tend to only put pressure on the ball when my opponent makes a mistake, but that is a personal preference.
C. Loose back field receivers usually need 2 players to cover them properly, since 1 can be easily blitzed away. They are also a good candidate for your Blitz action (in case you didn't realise yet, I play a very conservative defence!).
D. I almost like your defencive setup when kicking off, but I would change it slightly so that the catchers can't be directly blitzed on the first turn.
E. I play more conservatively than you in general (I don't pass the ball very much), but it seems to work for you. Still, when you make a break for the opponents end zone, you need to set up proper screens, to avoid that player becoming the subject of undue attention.

And welcome to FUMBBL.

(PS, blatant advertisement: check out my blog for some strategy ideas. I'm also working on a few more.)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=5203

Oscar Wilde
LUCiD|uk.

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2009 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Brutal game.
You were lucky to win really, should have bee a draw.
In the first half i think you scored too quickly, you needed to stall abit and he would have no chance of gettin gback into the game.
iosteno

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all that reply this topic.
Sorry Treborius, I don't know what's TT, I've never played it before.
Hi paulilly, thanks for the exciting game and tough, maybe not the game that humans have to do, but it was a very good game.
You were not lucky at the end of the game, the right result was a tie.
Any other comments is good to accept.
eyeslikethunder

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hi
TT stands for table top meaning in the original boardgame version

welcome to fumbbl

There was this disturbance in the water, then suddenly this giant testicle came out and grabbed me
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

i think i'll leave your "nobb" game to you alone.

ick much?

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2009 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in your first turn you set your blitzer up for an easy crowd push, you were lucky opponent didn't take notice of this. oh well hf bye
Nighmare

Post 10 Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

un partidito?
 Jump to: