65 coaches online • Server time: 23:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mooarr

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

Was wondering if its possible to concede matches where the coach doesn't show rather than just unscheduling them.

The reason I suggest this is that at the moment there is not really a penalty for not playing a game you don't like, so there is no incentive to play any particularly bad matches. I reckon this takes away from the point of blackbox tbh.

Its fairly annoying for the other coach to have to spend the next hour getting their game unscheduled with absolutely no benefit to them.
ultrasmurf

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I think something along those lines will be implemented if blackbox ever gets out of its alpha stage.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, at the moment playing blackbox is considered testing, it's not fully implemented.

The problem for blackbox players is that one idea is suggested then something else takes priority i.e. lrb5. Same thing happened with Unranked and League merge. So I would guess moving out of alpha stage isn't the highest priority right now, not saying it won't however.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have talked to a few admins and I think they are registering, who is dropping games. Put abit more faith into the excellent FUMBBL admin system.
mooarr

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
I have talked to a few admins and I think they are registering, who is dropping games. Put abit more faith into the excellent FUMBBL admin system.

That'll help.

Still think it's a bit rubbish having to wait around without a game though. Getting a concession for your trouble would be a step towards mitigating the frustration.

I never considered that it might be a planned implementation for the eventual progression from alpha but here's hoping.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

never happend to me. Happend to a few others?

IMO the problem is into clicking on activate (by mistake?) then leaving. That can happen.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe mistakes can happen and "instant concession" would be harsh in that case. Waiting 24h+ is no option. No admin posted here but Circular Logic mentioned droppers are registered.

Actually I do trust the Admin system and I doubt anyone can do that often without consequences.
 Jump to: