44 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hellvis

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyanide's BB all the way baby!
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

i shall be buying it no matter how many people tell me the coaching skill will be low, there's no established leagues, there's not all the races there, no admins will try to help, the company wants cheaters cos it makes em more money. ok i've gone a bit mental now. but you get the point. i shall be buying it, trying it, making up my own mind.

i think i've realised im the low coaching skill \o/ and i haven't been in leagues for a long long time. it must be me you all don't want to play with in the cyanide version.

BroadAsImLong

p.s. im quite happy to pay for expansions too. Keeps the devs interested.
p.p.s. Oh and when you say we get this game for free it... it isn't. You must have purchased the box set to play, according to skijunkie's client. With the Cyanide version you don't have to. Plus ofc we should all help Christer maintain the servers and run this wonderful service so pay for that too.
Alexis

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll wait a month or two when the game will be in the 10$ and less bin at Wall-Mart. Then I will definitely buy it.

Only 8 teams is what disapoint me the most.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

broad,

kudos for making up your own decision on things...

that being said....i have a feeling that quite a few negative opinions that circulate about this game, are from people who were involved in the beta, and were very underwhelmed with the product...

i know i'm one of those....

--j

ImageImage
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
broad,

that being said....i have a feeling that quite a few negative opinions that circulate about this game, are from people who were involved in the beta, and were very underwhelmed with the product...

--j

Ah, but it wasn't LRB4 was it? Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Ah, but it wasn't LRB4 was it? Wink

And that was Cyanide's first mistake.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
It's a good game for it's medium, but it's incomplete IMHO. Still worth the price of admission though.

Thanks.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:
Personally i think being able to play BloodBowl on here/my Xbox is brilliant, i can play anytime i like, not just play a few games every couple of months as if i want to play anything more than a one off game i have to hype others up into playing, and then run the league so this takes all the effort away from that and lets me play lots of BloodBowl.

Wha?
Does that make any sense at all?

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Jarvis555

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the 26th only the date for Downloading the game?
Can you get it in shops then too as I can't see it on any online stores?
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

@shadow, i was in the beta, and enjoyed dipping my toe in.
bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes its frustrating about the small amount of teams and yes its alot of money if you only play fumbbl. But for those of us that have an XBox360 or buy PC games then the price is pretty much the standard price for a new game. If you have no interest in playing this game fair enough however if you are one of those that thought you would buy it until you heard it only had 8 teams then I think you should still buy it. My reason is this: (and someone can correct me if they know my statement to be wrong) I suspect that Cyanide had a very limited budget for making this game in the first place and felt it would be better to get a version of the game out on the market to test its reception. Some of you may balk at that but how many of you buy the new Fifa or Pro Evo game each year. I suspect if the game sells well ALL of the teams will be eventually downloadable for PC/360 or an updated version will be released for all formats.

The other plus for me is that like your fifas,pro evos,maddens etc you will be able to play one player. Thus being able to play when you want and not have to wait for ages on gamesfinder if you are using a bashy team.

I for one am looking forward to this.

Wraith

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
broad,

--j

I hope you're referring to closed beta... the week long open beta doesn't show enough of the game to really make an accurate opinion.

The game is good for what it is, I was disappointed with a few things, but it's worth $50. Plus we have no idea what they polished in the past month.

The game is not fumbbl and fumbbl is not the game. They're different entities and offer different appeal. I enjoy both TBPH and will still probably enjoy both.

Given time, the BB game could very well surpass fumbbl in all facets (except price). Remember, fumbbl wasn't as good as it currently is, when it first came out.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Tesifonte wrote:
Skindog wrote:
Personally i think being able to play BloodBowl on here/my Xbox is brilliant, i can play anytime i like, not just play a few games every couple of months as if i want to play anything more than a one off game i have to hype others up into playing, and then run the league so this takes all the effort away from that and lets me play lots of BloodBowl.

Wha?
Does that make any sense at all?

Yes it does make sense.

If i have it on PC/360 I can play anytime i like.

CURRENTLY if i want a game i have to set-up a league and get other players interested, no-one else really seems to want to set it up.

Read the post properly.

My punctuation may have been a little sloppy in the origional post, my apoligies.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:
CURRENTLY if i want a game i have to set-up a league and get other players interested, no-one else really seems to want to set it up.

You don't need to set up a League to play games. We have a division called Ranked where you can play one-off games quite easily, or Unranked if you don't mind waiting forever for an opponent.
Skindog

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
Skindog wrote:

You don't need to set up a League to play games. We have a division called Ranked where you can play one-off games quite easily, or Unranked if you don't mind waiting forever for an opponent.

I was referringto the TT part of my origional post that tesinfonte was replying to.