39 coaches online • Server time: 14:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Hero164

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

8 teams and £40

No chance, I'll wait till it comes down in price. No PC game is more than £25-30 even brand new top of the range titles. This is ok but theres no way I'll preorder for no benefits when chances are its going to be available for less than that pretty much instantly.

Stella for President!!

Need a new challenge? Here's all the challenge you will ever need.

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=19352
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Lord, <i>another</i> thread about this bloody game?

I can't wait for this thing to come out, just so it has it's five minutes and goes away again!
skeletor

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The headline is "Cyandies Blood Bowl arrives 26th". Why do you read the post if you hate it so much?
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:
I will still be buying this game regardless of what others say, and im sure those of you who dislike it wont no matter what i say.

Personally i think being able to play BloodBowl on here/my Xbox is brilliant, i can play anytime i like, not just play a few games every couple of months as if i want to play anything more than a one off game i have to hype others up into playing, and then run the league so this takes all the effort away from that and lets me play lots of BloodBowl.

I cant see a word in this thread referring to TT leagues.

We are speaking about fummbl and cyanide.

TaChIkOmA! \o/
slanter

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I can't wait for this thing to come out, just so it has it's five minutes and goes away again!

So you wouldn't see it as something positive if this game did well and increased the general success of BB as a game?
I'm sure quite a few of the more tactical players pulled in by Cyanide BB will test fumbbl as well. The more the merrier! Smile

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

skeletor wrote:
The headline is "Cyandies Blood Bowl arrives 26th". Why do you read the post if you hate it so much?

Well - numerous reasons. Being a mod, checking all is well in threads (even those I have little to no interest in) is something I do occasionally, along with seeing if this one needed locking as it was exactly the same as another one. It's probably not. Exactly.

Also, despite being fed up to the back teeth with talk of this product, and holding the view that it will be failed and gone by Christmas (for numerous reasons that are off topic), I do recognise it has the potential to be a big deal for a time in both online BB and in real life BB (for instance if it impacts on future rules changes - or the lack thereof). So the thread may have held interesting new information on a relatively important topic that may impact my life even if I don't purchase the game.

It didn't, I expressed disappointment.

Happy?

Edit:
slanter wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

So you wouldn't see it as something positive if this game did well and increased the general success of BB as a game?
I'm sure quite a few of the more tactical players pulled in by Cyanide BB will test fumbbl as well. The more the merrier! Smile

The game going well and being a positive impact on all things BB is, of course, the perfect outcome. The actual chances of that occurring in the current financial climate, with the poor reception the beta has received, from a tiny software company that is yet to produce a good game with the low distribution and visibility / marketing of a product entirely based on a tiny unpopular niche market within a niche market? Erm, pants.

But lets not get dragged way OT. You asked, I expanded. Smile
BroadAsImLong

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2009 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

it is feasible that cyanide's credit with the banks is very low, and they need a product out asap, or they'd never get one out.

Broad
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

slanter wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Well Galak has already said that the reason LRB6 is going to be the last ruleset for quite some time is largely due to the cyanide game. So those of us who hoped for improvements to be made, brining back the eye, making zons less dull etc have already lost out Sad

Judging by the tactical suggestions on the cyanide forum i doubt we'll get many great players from the game. But maybe some nice juicy cherries to increase our CR Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
slanter wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:

Well Galak has already said that the reason LRB6 is going to be the last ruleset for quite some time is largely due to the cyanide game. So those of us who hoped for improvements to be made, brining back the eye, making zons less dull etc have already lost out Sad

Judging by the tactical suggestions on the cyanide forum i doubt we'll get many great players from the game. But maybe some nice juicy cherries to increase our CR Very Happy

Well - of course there is that whisper that does the rounds about us not even getting to 6 and being stuck with 5 largely on the basis of this game getting released. So no Slann, and horrible broken Riot kick-offs, because of the Cyanide attempt.

Thus - the game is important to all, even if it flops and no-one reading these words buys it. Anyone with a wider interest in BB as a game in the future has one eye on the release.

In many ways, if it is to fail, a quick fail is best for all concerned. Cyanide lose less money, and we at large can get back to rules changes and knowing where we stand. The worst part of a successful game would be that we're stuck with LRB5 for 10 years despite developing reams of data (not an LRB5 jibe, just a staticness one).
Skindog

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Tesifonte wrote:
Skindog wrote:
I will still be buying this game regardless of what others say, and im sure those of you who dislike it wont no matter what i say.

Personally i think being able to play BloodBowl on here/my Xbox is brilliant, i can play anytime i like, not just play a few games every couple of months as if i want to play anything more than a one off game i have to hype others up into playing, and then run the league so this takes all the effort away from that and lets me play lots of BloodBowl.

Gah! Im bored of you now.

if you go back to my origional post that you quoted, you will see that i said i want this game SO I DONT HAVE TO ORGANISE TT LEAGUES!

please stop just nit picking everything i say, im feeling quite harrassed by you.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:
Tesifonte wrote:
Skindog wrote:

Gah! Im bored of you now.

if you go back to my origional post that you quoted, you will see that i said i want this game SO I DONT HAVE TO ORGANISE TT LEAGUES!

please stop just nit picking everything i say, im feeling quite harrassed by you.

uh...your original post is quoted in the above quote...

...and it says nothing of tabletop...

you may have been referring to tabletops...but that's not expressed very well in your statements....which is pretty obvious with everyone's confusion about your comments...

--j

ImageImage
Skindog

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Gah! jump on the bandwagon,

I am sorry if in that origional post i did not directly say TT I assumed you all would understand what i meant, it seemed clear when i read it.

obviously i was wrong, sorry for any confusion, but this still doesnt justify the way Tesifonte had been picking every post i have made on this topic apart and finding some silly little thing wrong with it.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I understood you perfectly well, and i think the others are either to dumb to read the obvious or just trolling. Ignore them.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I will buy the game, cry when I see my bank statement and finally screem Cyanides name out in hate when I see played it a few times.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
I understood you perfectly well, and i think the others are either to dumb to read the obvious or just trolling. Ignore them.

please refrain from insults on the forum, thank you

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: