27 coaches online • Server time: 01:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WedgeAntilles

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they add other teams in later patches or they bring out one or more addons.
Prop-Buddha

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

why pay for 25% of a product...

then pay extra for the other 75%...

when i can have the entire product, sans pretty shiny graphics, for free?

I don't think being 3 years behind the LRB qualifies as an "entire product"

You also casually forgot RTS mode, LRB 5, single player and a useful matchmaking system.

I love FUMBBL, but JavaBowl is amateurish, buggy and out of date.
dmdevine12

Post 10 Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Elminster wrote:
Not all teams, no competitive league/tournament structure. Why should i get this game? Fancy graphics? Did i mention that my favourite games are Monkey Island 1+2? Take that that fancy graphics! I'll stick to Fumbbl, especially with the new LRB5 client in the making.

Did you happen to see that they're bringing back the Monkey Island franchise with prettier graphics?
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:

Found all the bugs in 4 games did you? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:

why pay for 25% of a product...

then pay extra for the other 75%...

when i can have the entire product, sans pretty shiny graphics, for free?

I don't think being 3 years behind the LRB qualifies as an "entire product"

You also casually forgot RTS mode, LRB 5, single player and a useful matchmaking system.

hmmm...

actually, i didn't "casually forget" anything...

"useful matchmaking system"?...the only matchmaking system i saw was "click/challenge/get denied"...(and yes i was in the closed beta)

i saw no implementation of a "submit team to a system, and be given an appropriate team to play against" system....

interestingly enough....fumbbl has a system like that though...even though it is a broken system, it's considerably more alive than cyanide's is...

as for LRB5?...i guess you "conveniently forgot" about our own LRB5 client in development?

and RTS mode?....please...blood bowl is not an RTS game...it's a turn-based strategy game....what's next? RTS risk?...RTS poker?...

and ooooo single player....a large majority of the fun of playing blood bowl is playing against someone else...a live person...and the interactions....guess what, call of duty has a "single player" mode also...but the game was designed for the multiplayer environment, hence why so many people forego the single player to get into deathmatch games...

regardless of all the "bells and whistles" you want to slap onto it...the core flaw with the game is that over 60%(8 out of 21) of the LRB races available on Fumbbl, are *NOT* available on the cyanide game...

so again, why would i want to pay twice just to get 100% of a product?

--j

ImageImage
Prop-Buddha

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

And if I found a bug, who would fix it? The guy that abandoned the client years ago?

Like I said, FUMBBL is a great league, but if you guys don't believe that JavaBowl could use some work, you're blind.

And if all you care about is the number of teams, then I guess your place is right here...

Last edited by Prop-Buddha on %b %18, %2009 - %03:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:
And if I found a bug, who would fix it? The guy that abandoned the client years ago?

Like I said, FUMBBL is a great league, but if you guys don't believe that JavaBowl could use some work, you're blind.

And if all you care about is the number of teams, then I guess your place is right here...

buddha...i guess you also "conveniently forgot" about the new client that is being worked on, right?

perhaps these two forums will help refresh your memory...

LRB 5 Client Alpha
LRB 5 Client Bugs

and no, i don't care about the number of teams..

i care about buying a complete product....i don't want to pay $50 for a product, that is only 38% complete, and then have to pay more money later on to get the other 62%....

how hard is it to comprehend that maybe people want to get a quality product instead of a half-assed one?

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %18, %2009 - %03:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Prop-Buddha

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, it's in beta right? just like the LRB 4 client. Still waiting for that one to be finished too...

Again, I'm not knocking FUMBBL, it's awesome. But you guys can't sit there with a straight face and say that JavaBowl/LRB 5 client of the future is a better game than Cyanides.

And your 38% stuff is crap. Your only counting teams. I 100% agree, if I want all the teams, JavaBowl is the client for me, but don't compare one aspect of the game and forget about the rest...

Edit - watch the language --j

Last edited by Prop-Buddha on %b %18, %2009 - %03:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:

Cyanide got the rights to do the Game of Thrones. Do you really think they are going to spend a lot of time working on Blood Bowl? (Aren't we already at LRB6?)

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm...so i'm curious...are you going to bitch like this when you find a single lone bug in the cyanide client too?....or is it just more fanboi-ism?....

fyi....the java client is free for use, just so you're aware....so it's a little easier to have lower expectations....but whatever...continuing wasting your money on an incomplete product, and encouraging the industry to keep stealing your hard-earned cash....i'll be happy with my bank account intact, and not being ripped off...

also, after your 4 expert-filled games, obviously you have found more problems in the java client than the other 1 million plus games that have been played on this site...

i wonder why you are bothering wasting your efforts on video games, and not curing cancer or aids?

maybe it's because you're full of nonsense, and don't really know what you're talking about? hmmmm

--j

ImageImage
Prop-Buddha

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, opinions not welcome on these boards, got it!

Off to cure cancer!
Meech

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:
Wow, opinions not welcome on these boards, got it!

Off to cure cancer!

Please, if you let Shadow run you off that easy, then you will never cure cancer. (See what I did there? Shadow = Cancer)

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Prop-Buddha wrote:
Nope, it's in beta right? just like the LRB 4 client. Still waiting for that one to be finished too...

Again, I'm not knocking FUMBBL, it's awesome. But you guys can't sit there with a straight face and say that JavaBowl/LRB 5 client of the future is a better game than Cyanides.

And your 38% stuff is crap. Your only counting teams. I 100% agree, if I want all the teams, JavaBowl is the client for me, but don't compare one aspect of the game and forget about the rest...

for someone who's not knocking fumbbl, you sure do talk a lot of crap about it..

and yes...i can sit here with a straight face and say that fumbbl & its clients *ARE* a better game....shiny graphics do not make a quality game....that's the only perk that cyanide has going for it, that fumbbl doesn't....

no, that's not entirely true, i'll give credit where credit is due....the single-player mode may be interesting...for the less than 10% of the population that may take part in it...congrats on dedicating so much effort to a part of the game that's going to be so underutilized, instead of fleshing out the core part of the game...

speaking of....

the 38% is not crap....the rosters of the game are the *most important element of the game*....with no rosters, you have no game....while having 8 teams is better than having none, having *all* is infinitely better than only having eight...if the teams weren't such an integral part of the game, it wouldn't be anywhere near as important....

out of curiosity...

would you buy madden if it only had 8 teams?

--j

ImageImage
Rebholz

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The cyanide game will never be as cool as fumbbl. I know that for a fact. The end result will be that we get a nice influx of new guys and our ranks will swell. On another note, does anyone know how the matchup system will be handled? It seems unlikely that it will be anything like GF, and much more like black box, which is another good thing, cause that'll send all the noobs into our waiting hands over there. muahahahahah
arw

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
The game is LRB5, therefore i'm not interested.

Same here.

Neither do I care about graphics nor "Single Player BB" or "RTS"...
I mean... What the heck..?

Wraith wrote:
Given time, the BB game could very well surpass fumbbl in all facets (except price). Remember, fumbbl wasn't as good as it currently is, when it first came out.

Maybe.
Mostly when playing (other) online games I was kind of happy when having an opponent saying "gl & hf".
Happy not to play against some insulting idiot... again.

Fumbbl has a great community.
Nothing better than a nice chat and a good opponent to have a fun game-
no graphics can change that.
I doubt that the BB game naturally supports great sportsmanship.
Fumbbl does. TT does too.
 Jump to: