79 coaches online • Server time: 21:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:
I understood you perfectly well, and i think the others are either to dumb to read the obvious or just trolling. Ignore them.

please refrain from insults on the forum, thank you

--j

Ironically I think you missed his point Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Skindog

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
I understood you perfectly well, and i think the others are either to dumb to read the obvious or just trolling. Ignore them.

Cheers man nice to know someone understands English on here,

TBH my recent experiences of the community on this site are pushing me more towards Cyanides BloodBowl than returning to Fumbbl.

Which is a shame because i love playing on Fumbbl, in game people are very friendly and social, but as soon as you venture out and offer an opinion on either this forum or join in on some banter on the IRC you end up being destroyed by grumbling old Veterans of Fumbbl who believe it is all rightous and perfect.

I doubt i will be returning to play on Fumbbl atall again.

Cheers to all who i played and had good games against on here, i will see those of you who will be on Cyanides BB on there and hopefully we can have some fun games. Very Happy

Goodbye Fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
the single-player mode may be interesting...for the less than 10% of the population that may take part in it...congrats on dedicating so much effort to a part of the game that's going to be so underutilized, instead of fleshing out the core part of the game...

--j

This assumption sounds strange. The stand alone, chaos league inspired game is IMO the core of the product.

I don't think that coding the table top mode is the hardest part as you don't have any IA to code.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

On a personnal note, I'm more concerned about:
>Cyanide: would it have been Valve, I would have trusted them to push the game forward.
>Non chat games: well it's a concern so far but I don't know what I get in return. I even don't know if there will be a chat window.

What I see that could give Cyanide's a big plus:
>Graphics: no matter what some think about having an orc run and hit and injure an elf with animations certainly creates a better belief feeling than the bitmap 2 images animation of JBB. Of course I love the game for the mechanics of the game, but it's a plus.
>modding and open use of the game: Fumbbl has been very strict on this: No house-rule, no modified roster, no trade system, no prizes, no ...(whatever)... Of course I love Fumbbl but I'd always dreamt to have the possibility to custom my own league. I never could. I will never be able to do it. It's already been said that Spiralling expenses won't be customizable either. It would have been cool though.

(ps: about JBB "bugs", most are listed into (difference from gameboard) file Smile )

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:

Cheers to all who i played and had good games against on here, i will see those of you who will be on Cyanides BB on there and hopefully we can have some fun games. Very Happy

Goodbye Fumbbl.

you're overreacting.

If you love BB I bet you will play here again. irst and simply because Cyanides server won't be maintened forever.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:

the 38% is not crap....the rosters of the game are the *most important element of the game*....with no rosters, you have no game....while having 8 teams is better than having none, having *all* is infinitely better than only having eight...if the teams weren't such an integral part of the game, it wouldn't be anywhere near as important....
--j

It's sure to have been said before but the TT game costs more than the Cyanide game and only comes with two teams.

Dark Elves and Undead will be added for free. Those ten races will be enough to satisfy most coaches.

Single player will be handy when you just know that you will be interrupted.

Cyanide are not a charity. Earning revenue by selling the other 11 or 14 teams just sounds like good sense.

Coding a decent AI for the extra teams takes time and money so it would make sense to charge for it.

£40 is less than the board game. It is less than a lot of coaches have donated to Fumbbl/SkiJunkie.

It is a good game and over it's life most fumbblers would get more than £40s worth of playing time out of it even if they continue to play most of their games on Fumbbl.

I might well wait until Dark Elves are in and hope to get it for for £25-£30, but I'm just plain stingy Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2009 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Skindog wrote:

Goodbye Fumbbl.

Seriously thick skin there.

I'm sure there won't be any idiots playing Cyanide's game Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
It's sure to have been said before but the TT game costs more than the Cyanide game and only comes with two teams.

Blood Bowl Box set currently going for $20.50 on ebay

while yes, you only get two teams of plastics...you get the rules for every roster, and since LRB5 is a free product online, you can get the current version to play with your box set...

want to play the other 19 races?...substitute models....no extra purchases needed...

last i checked, you can't substitute orc models for ogres in the cyanide game...

so, cheaper box set than the cyanide game, as well as the ability to play every race out of the box...

valiant effort though Smile

koadah wrote:
Cyanide are not a charity. Earning revenue by selling the other 11 or 14 teams just sounds like good sense.

question still stands...

if madden only came out with 8 teams, instead of every NFL team...would you buy it?

how would you feel if EA told you that after buying their game for $40-60, you had to spend extra money on DLC to buy the rest of the official rosters?

--j

ImageImage
kwèk

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaaargh Money talk

Money, corner stone of civilisation... and also it's undoing.
In the beginning a blessing, at the end a curse.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
koadah wrote:

while yes, you only get two teams of plastics...you get the rules for every roster, and since LRB5 is a free product online, you can get the current version to play with your box set...

want to play the other 19 races?...substitute models....no extra purchases needed...

last i checked, you can't substitute orc models for ogres in the cyanide game...

so, cheaper box set than the cyanide game, as well as the ability to play every race out of the box...

Well that set is up to $40 dollars already. e-bay is very hard to factor in.

But i know you can get the boxed game for around £40 brand new from online retaliers.

I've had a similar discussion with the cyanide fan boi's on their site about this. What they forget is when you buy the boxed set and models then they can be re-sold again. If you break the boxed game up then you can actually make a profit.

The dice are going for £10+ on e-bay at the moment
The board and dugouts etc for about £20+
The templates should go for about £5+
And you can get £5+ for each plastic team quite easily

So that;s £45 (assuming you keep it all in good nick of course).

It's the same with the metal models, Zara and Ramtut are going for silly money now they are not available from GW anymore.

But shelling out £40 for the cyanide game you will be very unlikely to get much of that back if you try to seel it.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yes, I got my 3rd Ed from ebay. I may even get my Cyanide game from ebay too. Wink

If you were to play an official tournament I would expect you to need reasonably accurate minis.
I undertsand that I could use pennies as flings and pound coins as trees but if I want the 'full experience' I'll have to spend some cash.

I have heard that you will be able to add your own models. I am expecting to see Homer as an ogre and Bart as a goblin.
I don't know whether you can build your own team rosters in stand alone/lan mode but I wouldn't be suprised if that was in there.
You wouldn't have all the skills available but modders could flesh out some of the teams.

shadow46x2 wrote:

koadah wrote:

question still stands...

if madden only came out with 8 teams, instead of every NFL team...would you buy it?

how would you feel if EA told you that after buying their game for $40-60, you had to spend extra money on DLC to buy the rest of the official rosters?

--j

Not a fair question prescious. Wink

10 out of 21 is almost half. 8 out of 32 is only a quarter.

The simple answer is 'yes' depending on the price and the teams available. No one at our house has tried playing a full NFL season.
We only play one off games usually using our favourite or second favourite teams. So, 16 well chosen teams would still make it a game worth buying.
No one at our house would miss Detroit, Seattle or Cincinatti but true, we wouldn't buy it if it didn't have the Raiders and Vikings.

But as I say. It is not a fair question as without 32 teams it is not the NFL. Many blood bowl leagues will not have or need flings, vampires or pro elves.
Once dark elves are in flings will be the only team that I miss. I'll have to make do with goblins. Most of your opponents will be ocs or dwarves whatever the options are Wink

As I will still be able to use flings on Fumbbl, FBB, PBEM or even TT I don't see it as too much of a problem

Madden will sell more copies so they can afford to invest more developer time in it.

Was this thread always in this off topic thread graveyard? It is about blood bowl.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I posted this in general but I assume some moderator found that it did not deserve to live Wink

SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

slanter wrote:
No, I posted this in general but I assume some moderator found that it did not deserve to live Wink

Which is stupid, this is general chat Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2009 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

everything is "general" chat....if you want to be pedantic about it...

--j

ImageImage
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2009 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well one thing that appeals to me about the game is not having elfs refuse my orcs Very Happy

And not whining when I foul them into the ground, or stalling so they cant one turn on me

Not having to spend ages looking to get a game

Oh and playing it on easy level, as im not very good Wink
 Jump to: