13 coaches online • Server time: 06:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like it that you can now choose which teams are activated?
Yes
76%
 76%  [ 99 ]
No
23%
 23%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 130

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You are nitpicking here. If you're in this mode, you can also say that you can play L without having ever played a tournament. You can point out Mnemom (or Odi?) that was sending his Ranked team in gamefinder and sended a proxy, so that anyone would join.

But IMO, that was not the point.

Keeping a single team is a way to get past the no-team selection.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I will deffinately be playing more now, sometimes, you just dont want to play one of your box teams, and end up not playing at all due to that. now I'll play anyway. So great change.
Think it'll make for more matches in general.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Laura wrote:
If you only want to play with one team, but risk not playing at all it should be your choice..

But you are not the only one affected. If you bring only one team, you decrease the matchup quality for every coach in the round and increase the chance of them not getting scheduled, too.

That is only true if your alternative would be to bring more teams. If your alternative would be to bring no teams at all, bringing your one team would actually do the other coaches in that round a favor by improving the matchup quality and increasing their chance to get scheduled.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for the basic assumption, that you actually are participating in a round of Blackbox. So let me rephrase:
Quote:
If you activate and bring only one team, you decrease the matchup quality for every coach in the round and increase the chance of them not getting scheduled, too.
maznaz

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Having tried this out (by activating all my teams as normal) over a few days, I haven't noticed ANY change in the quality of the draws. The number of coaches has obviously increased though (technically known as the "shiny thing" effect) so of course we'll have to wait to see how it works out when this drops off a bit.

In the meantime, I wish people would stop bickering about hypothetical situations they really haven't got the knowledge to fully understand, instead of getting on and testing a division that is still in a development/test cycle.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Laura wrote:
If you only want to play with one team, but risk not playing at all it should be your choice..

But you are not the only one affected. If you bring only one team, you decrease the matchup quality for every coach in the round and increase the chance of them not getting scheduled, too.

That is only true if your alternative would be to bring more teams. If your alternative would be to bring no teams at all, bringing your one team would actually do the other coaches in that round a favor by improving the matchup quality and increasing their chance to get scheduled.

Which is really the issue... does forcing a certain amount of teams result in more or less choice for the scheduler? Smile

I fall down on the side of a two team minimum, partly because this would also allow the scheduler to activate with fewer coaches.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Arlecchino

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

After some days... have this change improved the blackbox? There's more coach, more games, better matchup or not?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2009 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&div=10
 Jump to: