42 coaches online • Server time: 14:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darksmile

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got two guys out after my very first match. They'll be back for the third one. But the second one... do I go in with 9 guys? I'll get creamed and lose even more players. Maybe I should just retire them and start again. What do you guys do?
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pick on elfs

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I already turned down a bunch of orcs and chaos that wanted to finish me off. Elfs, eh? That might be the answer.
Davosaurus

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

You may as well play the next game and see how you go. I know of a team that was down to 8 players playing against a much better team and it came away with the win. So, you might get hammered and pick up more cas or you could have a glorious victory to tell your grand kids about.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Try to pick up a game versus Flings as a recovery game. Most stunty teams will jump at the chance of only having 9 players in which to be thrashed by.
Darksmile

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seriously seen no one playing stuntys in Open. Does anyone out there do it? Maybe I should make a stunty team to take on recovering teams myself. Smile
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 07:15 Reply with quote Back to top

>Pick on elfs
But they are elves! And only 9 of them Smile

At this point you will have a better wins count by restarting the team.
*Always* have an apothecary with elves and fan factor 9 - You just can't afford to be replacing players otherwise.
It's a sad fact but you may have to start with one or no blitzers - If you can wangle a 3rd reroll out that way then good.
Long term elf builds are best with no (yep) no positional players and the money given over to rerolls and FF.

But first keep playing these guys and lose a few games.
There's something wrong with either the dice or your tactics if you didn't score one goal.
My best teams have all been restarted at least once and proceeded to learn from the mistakes of their (badly maimed) predecessors.

Whichever way you go, good luck and remember to dodge out of block range Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Down to 9 players and no apo for the second game? Don't fret - where there is a will, there is a way... take this team for instance.... this was the result of the first match. Three dead players - TR 89/ STR 82 - ouch!! But I gladly took the field for a second match and voila! Ok, I still didn't have 11 players, but things was looking better at least... It took until match four to get above TR 100, but it was fun... another kind of challange.
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Darksmile wrote:
I have seriously seen no one playing stuntys in Open. Does anyone out there do it? Maybe I should make a stunty team to take on recovering teams myself. Smile

I've got 2 stunties in open... They're fun.
Burtoni

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

well dont pick Elves in the first place Wink
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Just play!

I always have starts like this with my teams (even with orcs... Confused). I can assure you that is lot of fun to look at opponent comments (or the silence and lack of them) when they are expecting an easy match (possibly ending with a concede) and your team refuses to die... Very Happy

If the team bad karma is so strong that you loose more players... oh well...

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

just play is a good attitude!

so you lost a few pixels on your screen... so what! its only a game, its not like it matters a great deal if you are down a player or 2... look at the ashenvale protectors, they had 6 players when i played them yet they thumped me 6-3!!! just play stunties if you want to recover quickly but the most important thing is to have fun playing with your team. id rather have one fanatic on my team trying to stop a full roster of woodelves from scoring than have a dull match where everything is slow and boring!! i dunno what my point is but i thought i should chip in...

oh i remember.... have fun!!!
phillier

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=33334...This chaos team had 2 deaths and a -st injury their first game and won, followed by a death in their 2nd game...I thought about retiring them but now they are 14/4/5 and very solid. Just look for other hurting teams. My 2nd game was against deathgerbil(go figure) his tr and str were significantly higher but it was because of a few extremely skilled players. I think he actually only had 7 or 8 for the game but many spp and i figured i had a chance with the numbers and it worked...Look for games like that.
Mordachai

Post 11 Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Phillier - are you seriously advicing people to seek out deathgerbil for their recovery games? Shocked

Interesting approach... Wink
Delta

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2003 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I once played Deathgerbil because he only had 7 or 8 players.

I thought that my superior numbers would overwhelm him and swarm around the pitch.

I did win the match but suffered 5 casualties!!
(which negated the whole point of playing him in the first place! Wink )

The team is still alive, but have only played 2 matches since (I don't get much time to play Crying or Very sad )

Darksmile: I can see that you have continued with the team....good choice!

Using elves you tend to be down in numbers (well I do anyway!!)...get used to it and develop tactics accordingly.