62 coaches online • Server time: 18:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bloodbowljunky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why or why did they change the system? In my opinion everything worked fine. Now i have seen a couple of crazy match ups like one of my own games. I had to play a 150/180 undead team with my 182/180 chaos dwarves. i guess that a couple of weeks ago such a game never would be schedulded. Right now i have seen a schedulded match with 133/147 amazons vs. 207/160 ogres. So that shows in my opinion that the coaches just try to have low tr and a high ts at the same time. I think it would be better to have a max tr/ts at the same time with max. 10 or 15. The damn thing is that a good working system were changed in an ambarrasing one.
def909

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

150/180 against 182/180 doesn´t sound too bad for me. So what, your oppo got 2 handicap rolls while being same TS. I have to give away handicaps regularly in [B], it´s no big deal imho

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos Dwarves vs Undead: after handicaps ends up being 180 TS CD and 190 TS Undead. Handicaps are controversial, but nothing seems to be wrong with this matchup.

Amazons vs Ogres end up being I think TS 157 vs TS 160. I believe Amazons would have the upper hand, but a lucky game from the ogres could change that.

The change that I know of did not have anything to do with matchups. It allowed a coach to choose 1 team, which a coach could always do by retiring all of his other teams. I don't think these matchups fall into the realm of unfairness in the least.

You can definitely argue handicaps though.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Then again it isn't a match where you have higher TS to begin with and get a handicap:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2410486
Fela

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:
Then again it isn't a match where you have higher TS to begin with and get a handicap:

I thought there was a TS difference cap of 15?
maznaz

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Those matchups have always existed in the box due to one factor. Handicaps.

Oh and you're often going to see Undead teams with a high TS relative to their TR. Try to work out why.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Fela wrote:
funnyfingers wrote:

I thought there was a TS difference cap of 15?

Just pointing out a match of his in Ranked where he was up in TS and took a handicap.
bloodbowljunky

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont have something against handicaps. but the game you mean (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2410486 ) my team had have nearly same tr and ts (152/154). so i am not trying to level up my ts extremly. it just happened (the tr/ts). what is wrong with a max difference of tr AND ts with 15 points??? it has worked very well. let play teams on the same level against each other. not teams which need a recovery match (230/180) vs. teams that are overpowered cause of extremly ts leveling (150/180). or the game i have seen between amazons and ogres. the ogre team has the same ts and had three handicaps against. so the whole situation is changed. same to my game. at the beginning both teams are nearly even (180/180) and (150/180) but after two handicaps against the entire situation had changed. so bring that 15 point limit for tr AND ts back!!!

Last edited by bloodbowljunky on %b %25, %2009 - %18:%Jun; edited 2 times in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
Those matchups have always existed in the box due to one factor. Handicaps.

Oh and you're often going to see Undead teams with a high TS relative to their TR. Try to work out why.

because they freeboot zombies (ftw)
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Why when assessing matchups do we not check if the match would be better without handicaps, and if it is better without handicaps just disable handicaps for that match?
Esxhaton

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like the BlackBox even if it makes matches with a total random algorithm...
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

bloodbowljunky - the TS limit is 15 TS after handicaps and has been since at least January. Nothing has changed in terms of the matchups that has been posted.
On1

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2009 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Esxhaton wrote:
I would like the BlackBox even if it makes matches with a total random algorithm...

I agree... Random is better than picking...
treborius

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:

Fael, this is R! Cool
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a change, that's right: you can select how many teams you activate. And it might be why the quality (if it's proved to be right) of the matchups have decreased.

However, it's still think it's worth a try for a few month, then decided what's the best or if maybe, a 3rd path should be chosen.