39 coaches online • Server time: 12:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Enar

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of these are not playing blood bowl.
Meech

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Scenario 8 is garbage too. It is people like you that brought about the concession rule on Fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

easilyamused wrote:
Bbox is not about team building and start playing to win.

What he said.

Never give up, never surrender.

Those last ditch, last turn insanley dodgey 3 vs 11 plays that once in a rare while succeed make taking a LOT of lumps every time they fail totally worth it. You would not believe the crud I've seen work during 'desperation plays' when getting utterly beat down, both for and against me.

Don't come to [B] to sweat team development. That is what picking in [R] is for. You're here to win against those nasty teams despite the casualties you take. And in the long run, you may take less than you think you will...

If you can keep an opponent having to make a single 2+ with RR in order to score on turn 8, you can possibly stop him. Try it. Just make another team if you consider yours 'ruined'

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play and loose alot your ff will go down and with low ff you get less cash. Less cash and you can buy fewer players. Play to win, always!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2009 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I could see scenario 4 (albeit a wussy tactic) if you're up 2TDs or more. If your opponent stalls he'd lose, so he scores right away. The only caveat is that you'd have to be making the effort on offense still. As long as it's still a plausible path to victory, you're probably ok per the rules (even the unwritten ones).

There are plenty of people out there who think stalling is a bit unsportsmanlike (I'm not one of them, mind you). It's hard to argue they aren't trying to win though. If you can make a good case for the bullfighter defense (ole!) winning you games, that makes you an oddball tactician, not a cheater.

Scenarios 1, 2, 3, and 6 are right out. 7 might be ok if you've already lost (i.e. down 3-0 already mid 2nd half) but is kinda sad (better than conceding though). 8 is just unwise tactically, IMO; if you're willing to block 2db, you might as well take that chance for the ball. Not dodging, g'ing-fi, or making 1db is something a lot of coaches do normally, except in emergencies, but passing up a shot at the ball is lame.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
Molt

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2009 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

asharak wrote:
Third, with lizards, you really don't want 15 players. You need to skill the saurii and so 11 players is not unreasonable, maybe 12. Once they've all gained a skill or two you could think about expanding the team to cover against the inevitable removal of skinks.

Having tried just that I would say a 12 player roster is simply not viable in the box. Oh look its another dwarf team! Next game starting with 10 players. If you have more than a couple of players less than your opponent you can't keep either the skinks or the saurii safe. skinks arn't cheap at 60k so you can't necessarily replace one them every game.

CorporateSlave3 wrote:

Those last ditch, last turn insanley dodgey 3 vs 11 plays that once in a rare while succeed make taking a LOT of lumps every time they fail totally worth it. You would not believe the crud I've seen work during 'desperation plays' when getting utterly beat down, both for and against me.

Its precisely the reason why I want to get myself a larger roster. Yes it is fun to try a desperate risky play, but if the consequences are several whole games of struggling to get back to strength its not worth it.

easilyamused wrote:
Bbox is not about team building and start playing to win.

Playing to win can be difficult if you start with less than 11 players and 4 of those remaining are STR2 and stunty. If from time to time you don't play with the primary purpose of keeping your players alive I can't see how lizards can survive in the box.

My personal opinon is that in various situations 4, 5 (if the ball carrier has RSF/claw would YOU put a skink next to him?), 7, and 8 are all valid tactics to limit the damage a team takes.

I think 1,2,3 and 6 are over the line.
 Jump to: