40 coaches online • Server time: 10:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Lord_Splutticus wrote:
paulhicks wrote:

1) you (and any staff) need to be hugely enthusiastic and supportive in getting contributions in

Are you suggesting a ful-fledged "Fluff-Admin team" that mirrors that of FUMBBL proper with for instance:
Free-lancers

Journalists (like Monkeys, regular contributors that can help freelancers and have proven they are capable of making contributions with outside help)

Editors (like Gorillas, with editorial powers)

Editors-in-chief (like Christer and Peikko)

well really i was just saying that if you did have staff theyd have to be enthusiastic, commited and supportive but yeah i guess the structure could be a bit like that (and when youd been promised articles you could assign an editor to chase/ support them) but youd need to make sure that just because you had "journalists" (dediccated tourney reviewers would be good) then other site members dont feel their contributions are any less valued

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:

well really i was just saying that if you did have staff they'd have to be enthusiastic, commited and supportive but yeah i guess the structure could be a bit like that (and when youd been promised articles you could assign an editor to chase/ support them) but youd need to make sure that just because you had "journalists" (dediccated tourney reviewers would be good) then other site members dont feel their contributions are any less valued

I was indeed thinking about supporting certain tourneys with the fluff staff. People should indeed be assigned to chase certain articles, and I added the 'freelancers' category so anyone can join in and contribute. Anyone can be a freelancers, freelancers that make regular contributions could then be promoted to journalist. Journalist that consistently deliver work of really good quality could become editors, etc.

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant initiative taking splutt! Personally the odd "Did you know..." box would suffice for me, but if you have the inclination then please delve deep into the FUMBBL community and rip some dirt out Smile

Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this going to compete with Tournament News Tonight?

I would like to see your efforts combined with TNT just to avoid more wikipages that don't get updated after a while.
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jul 15, 2009 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Is this going to compete with Tournament News Tonight?

I would like to see your efforts combined with TNT just to avoid more wikipages that don't get updated after a while.

No what I want is to combine the forces of fluff-providers, I will post more on that shortly btw... (as in tomorrow)

By the way, the fact that I was consciously unaware of TNT shows that there is huge room for improvement fluff-wise on FUMBBL. TNT is a great project

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2009 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news post btw. Thats what I meant by recent news... anything notable or interesting which has happened within the last month or so.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: