79 coaches online • Server time: 22:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

resolved.

my apologies for making this public.

Last edited by tiamo69 on %b %24, %2009 - %14:%Jul; edited 4 times in total
Crazy_Lemur

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

His TS was 100 but his TR was 150 odd. It was an all zombie team. Stalling is a common tactic and actually works very well.
Quite a few people here on FUMBBL love it and quite a few hate it. Terminating the game isn't allowed though, even if you don't like the tactics being used.

-CL
Juff

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Disgusted? Wow.

I swear today is the day of the lunatic. I'm thinking combination of full moon and a breakout in an asylum somewhere.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Concentrate on your own tactics. Stalling is perfectly acceptable, regardless of your opinion of it. And reading the rules wouldn't go amiss. Terminating a game is not acceptable

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Read the team bio, it's a training team. Bill of course isn't an academy coach.
Jarvis555

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It's in the rules that you see when you sign up that deliberate disconnections are not allowed
"even if your opponent fouls your players every turn, delays a touchdown or does other things you may find unsportsmanlike."
And i'm sure you'd have learnt a valuable lesson (the point of Academy) on stalling- Like it or loath it it's perfectly acceptable.
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

CL: yes stalling is a common tactic, however i did tell him in chat that i was going to end my turn

game resolved.

my apologies for making this public.

Last edited by tiamo69 on %b %24, %2009 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
tiamo69

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have learnt a valuable lesson: 'coaches play dirty in all games, regardless of league &/or experience of oppostion' & that Academy isn't as 'principled or honourable' as i foolsihly presumed.

Last edited by tiamo69 on %b %24, %2009 - %14:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
Juff

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

His team has all of two rerolls, and he intentionally gave you three handicaps. With a mostly rookie zombie team. You're saying 2 RR zombies scare you, and you need to play a 0 RR team?

This is one of the problems keeping me out of [A]. I can't play intentionally poorly, as I'd find that both a waste of my time, and it wouldn't help the new guy improve at BB.
The alternative is to create a team that is poor on paper, with several drawbacks, and try and coach it well. It seems like this is exactly what Bill has done with that zombie team, and that still seems to have offended someone's delicate sensibilities.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:54
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

@tiamo69

If you want to play BB here you REALLY need to toughen up.

Others have quoted you the rules you have broken by fleeing, to which we should add 'no public naming and shaming'.

But MUCH more importantly, even in academy, human v human is a tough school.

If you are going to go through life thinking 'He shouldnt have done that to me' there is no way you will last here, or in much else.

If instead you adopt the attitude 'How do i stop him being able to do that to me' or even 'how do i do that to him' then maybe you'll learn how much you still have to learn about BB, then maybe you'll learn some of it and become better at the game.

But a starting point of expecting gifts from others, and of throwing your toys spectacularly out of the pram when dissapointed, isn't the most auspicious introduction.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %24, %2009 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Skindog

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If he just ended his turn all you needed to do is end yours aswell, you'd have got to turn 8 in about 30 seconds, he'd have scored, you wouldn't have broken the rules.

Stalling is used and love it or hate it is a viable and very useful tactic, i reckon in that position every coach would take the guaranteed win over giving you the chance of an equaliser, I certainly would.

Also i do believe [A] games don't affect your Coach Ranking so he wouldn't have been doing it to Improve his Stats.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

It's an Academy game, I don't give a rat's behind about the outcomes of an Academy game. Building up points and or stats in Academy is pointless.

That said, I understand you being pissed off at encountering stalling - I was too at first - but it is a common and useful tactic so the sooner you get used to it the better. Honor has little to do with it.

As for Bill being a cherrypicker, well I don't know about that. Anyway, namecalling is forbidden here at Fumbbl.

If my opponent disconnects on me on purpose, I would try to get him or her banned simply for the fact that flakes are bad for the community. If you really cannot stand the other coach, just concede the match. You can do this by rightclicking on one of your menus at the start of your own turn, then select concede game.

You can find an admin on irc at #fumbbladmin, be patient and courteous.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If you really cannot stand the other coach, just concede the match. You can do this by rightclicking on one of your menus at the start of your own turn, then select concede game.

torsoboy.

thank you, i didn't know that, had i, i would have.

had my opponent even have suggested it, i would have taken that action...
Jonatthhan

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the quitting guy should be banned right away. Fummbl does not need quitting coach. I don't like stalling agains me either, but it's allowed. And threatening your opponent to end the game if he do stalling does not justify your actions.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2009 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I might've come over a bit harsh in that last post.

Fumbbl is filled with coaches that have hundreds if not thousands of matches under their belt. They tend to play competitively, so if you give away a free turn you should expect them to take it (even in Academy). That does not mean they're being a jerk. Second, playing a lost game can still be valuable if you learn something from it. You'll often hear coaches say they lost due to luck. Maybe so, but after 1500+ matches I can still spot mistakes that I made if I watch my replays.

Throw any notions you have about "fair play" or "honor" out of the window. Keep in mind that all players no matter how dear to you are temporary. Always play to win if possible, else play to tie. I hope you got something out of this match other than some hurt feelings.