16 coaches online • Server time: 03:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ancre

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi ! I have a team of chaos dwarves with a hobgoblin who have a niggling injury (and nothing else, no star player points and all), and I would like to know a few things about retiring a player !

First, and the most important, do you get the money you paid to hire a player back when you retire him ? I would say no, but I can't find it anywhere in the book, and it's always good to check Wink

Also, if I retire him, I can see I can retire him as a coach or just throw it away. Is there a benefit of retiring him at a coach ? I probably get an assistant coach, but if I retire a weak player, do I get a bad coach (and vice versa, retiring a strong player giving you a good coach) ? Or does it not matter at all ?

Thank you veyr much for reading me and have a nice day Smile Ancre.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No, you don't get any money back when you retire a player.
An assistant coach is just an assisting coach, no matter what player he was. IRCC assistant coaches have 2 jobs: win the brilliant coaching kick-off (+reroll), and when you (as headcoach) get sent off for arguing with the ref, your assistant coach can argue next time (correct me if I'm wrong on this last one, but I seem to remember this from the TT game). They are worth 1 TR.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

1. You get no money back for retiring players.

2. Coaches are only used on specific kick off rolls, they have no impact on the team itself, and the player retiring to become a coach has no impact on how good or bad he is.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for your answers ! Smile
Kryten

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2009 - 17:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You might consider holding onto him as a cheap body to put on the line of scrimmage when you are struggling to field 11 players. At 4 TR and only 2.5 TS he's the cheapest garbage player you'll be able to get, and even with a niggling injury you'll never care if he misses a game.
 Jump to: