26 coaches online • Server time: 08:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Holocaust

Post   Posted: Dec 18, 2003 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild animal is waaaaay to much a disadvantage now
sure before people could wild animal trap, but at least he acted
i've had him stand there 5 turns in a row
isn't 3+ a little more in line
the troll and oger are way better off
and frenzy isn't worth that much, not like horns and armor 9(or claws or what ever)
SamSagace

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The real problem is with Minos. Rat Ogre can still be usefull with their tail (But they clearly don't worth the 130k, that's for sure). But Mino... what to say except that their horns are useless, that AG teams will easily dodge away and bashy teams wil easily bash him down. The best you can expect from him is two or three blocks in the whole game

Fortunately, no race is "stuck" with them, so just take the Ogre or Troll. Maybe if no one use it, someone will notice what they've done to the poor Mino.

They were supposed to be good blitzers. Now even Trolls blitz more often than Minos and Rat Ogre. But this has been discussed dozens of time... everyone seem to agree except GW, so i don't think it will change before the next rules review in October 2004. Sad
jtruhe

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't be surprised if they made the mino even worse in the next rules review, along with giving all the other big guys more negatrates. It seems that GW is trying to work its way towards eliminating big guys from the game altogether. Guess they cause to much blood.
Doowa

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll admit that from what I've seen so far the new WA rules does seem to let those monsters stand around. You didn't expect it to be that hard to make a 4+ dice roll... I was and guess still am a fan of the new WA rules. IMO the 'must move first' rule was bad and this new 'block or test' rule is more in the spirit of a wild animal.
The question is, are we to good to avoid a WA player? is it really that hard to make 4+ dice roll? will you rather have a potential turnover big guy or one that might stand around potential 50% of the time (both cases dependent on a good opponent.)?
Pulpo_Fiction

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The 4+ roll is excessive... just with a sttunted result on my WA, I cant use it for the rest of the TD. It's too hard, and it makes WA the worst BGs. I think that a 2+ perhaps a 3+ roll will more equitable...
parralhu

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

may be every body are rigth, but the new WA rule doesn't make Turn overs, like the previous one did, and is better than the 3ยบ edition rule appeared in the bb fan journal, you have to move first and if you roll one, you must block or blitz, even if the closer one guy is one of yours. it was annoying seeing your rat ogre killing his team mates.

the problem is that now Big guys have changed but elves, mummies, chaos dwarf, dwarfs and also the new "Very umbalanced" team of Amazons continuing working in the same way and dosen't evolve like the BG, and this can be applicated on the rest of teams also.
MickeX

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2003 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that as long as he doesn't get stunned a Mino can do a great job on the pitch. I really like the new WA, just remove the roll to unstun and maybe the roll to stand up as well.
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Old WA: required skill to use well, and I loved it...
New WA: is just an odd player, I don't like it...
Afro

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

How useful is a player that you can't rely on ? Minos were great Blitzer (and only Blitzer) . Now there is a 50 % chance to waste your blitz. And who needs an expensive assistant (if he really moves to the place where he actually can assist) ?

I think for good coaches the old WA player was a good help for their team; there have always been chances to avoid a Turnover and use the handicap of moving first and having to block without assists for their goals. Or they were able to force a turnover by a WA in the opposing team. The new WA player is of no use for any coach. If he rolls 4+, he can still move, but is unreliable for important actions as blitzing a ball carrier. "Get away from a WA" - "Get in touch with an opponent" is all in tactics you need to know for or against a WA player. If GW wants to keep BB simple, why didn't they say "get rid of your Mino and take a troll instead" or "get rid of your Rat Ogre and get killed instead " ?
Wombats

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Problems:

1. You can't charge around like a crazy monkey - It should not effect blitz for Minotaurs
2. Ball handling Big Guys for skaven were brilliantly suited to the team and interesting - Now useless.

A good change may be not needing a 4+ to roll over, get up or blitz.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont like the Wild Animal at the moment. Because it makes Minos and Rat Ogres useless. Especially the mino, with hornes. They should at least be able to block or blitz, other actions at 4+, thats ok but not now. Or succed with an action on 2+ or at least 3+.

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2003 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say this. The new rules rule. Before you wouldhave Skaven and Chaos teams totally advoiding the big guys. Simply because they are too risky. Yea they take skill to use, but when you are skaven and you are getting aniliated everywhere on the pitch then it isn't too hard to ambush your rat ogre. Yea that blitzing bit sucks. But it is a big guy they are meant to have a sucky side. We are far better off then the Ogre's and trolls as they risk loosing their big guy for a total turn. While we only risk loosing them when we do something else other then a block. It means we have to be skillfull and keep our big guy next to other people. With pro that +4 roll becomes a little easier.

I can only bitch that my rat ogre has skills like Side step that are more suited to the old rules. Seriously we got it easy in the new rules.
Holocaust

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dude
at least before you could could no yer mino doing his job
and you had to make sure you didn't screw yerself with a stupid move
now if he's stunned he may as we;; ne ko'd
Holocaust

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and the real topper
i just had to fire my 110k 40sum sp'd mino, because i have to get the troll or what ever it is now
that was the real screw
pretty much ruined my team for 6-10 games
Holocaust

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and my little norse team as well
way as well restart them
 Jump to: