54 coaches online • Server time: 00:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Groppy

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2003 - 11:32Guest Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

JB is a great soft, and we are starting a BB league using it !
I think a great new feature would be to be able to save a game (completed or not), and to re-run the sequence step by step.

Let's call it : a video of the game Wink

Thx
groppy
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2003 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This would be fantastic, though I imagine a whole lot of work would be involved in adding it to the client.

The Finishing Touch
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2003 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm. Doesn't the messags.log file save most of what happened during the game already? [including coordinates!]

I think it might not be all that impossible Smile.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If it'd run off the saved games, then Ski's already said that it doesn't include what goes on during a turn, rather just what the results are.
I think it'd be relatively simple to get a slideshow of the end of each turn, but probably too much work to 'save films' of all the action, just like allowing saved games at any point.

Then again, what do I know? Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The save games yes, but if you open the message.log file in the BB root with a text editor you get a full list of _anything_ (including dice rolls/coordinates) that happened in the last game, along with a log of all the info in that message field/chat window.

I used message.log to write some of my game reports already ... if it would be possible to make this a little nicer to read that would be a step towards "replaying" the match already.

-Mnemon
Ixnatifual

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2003 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

A replay feature would just be too sweet.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

And best of all is that the mechanics of a replay system could be used to replay up to where people where disconnected and then turn it over to the players.
Christer

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2003 - 01:11
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

messages.log doesn't have all the messages that took place. for example, all block dice rolled are not in there.

However, it seems like it might be possible to make a fair replay of what happened during a game by going through the log.

-- Christer
 Jump to: