36 coaches online • Server time: 09:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

first i would like to thank thrall for coming up with the idea of bowl wars. a very good idea imo. so following in that i would like to open one with a few twist to it. all are welcome the countries are not real *heck i havent even named then yet. was looking suggestions. but for now there will be six countries each with eight teams. so come take a look and if you like sign up. the battle is waiting

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=679
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

bah!

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

we should discuss the rules first, as the idea of 2 commander-like guys is not very good and even if there is noone of those 2 guys on the pitch, the game goes on.. that´s not within the idea of it all.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i was trying to come up with a different spins on thralls fumbbl war. i did not care for the forced conceed. i didnt think it was very fun when my commander was knocked out in the first few turns only to not come out the next score and being forced to give up. and what about missing the next game and being forced to have to conceed it as well. who do you conceed it to. what keeps others from looking for those types of teams and forcing them to have to concceed to them. once your team has to conceed then i find they dont want toplay anymore. so i figure that with two leading players you stand a beter chance of being able to hold out at least a couple of games. and what about the spps you are missing out on from early knockout matches.. but if you have any suggestions circluar i am more then glad to hear them out
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

There is a commander and a captain. If the Commander is KO and the captain still on the field, the the game goes on. If the commander suffers a cas, then you have to conceed. Same thing, if none of the 2 leaders is on the pitch.
if the commander is MNG, the who inflicted the SI-MNG can choose immediatelly after the game a player of his choice. Both set up and the one without commander conceeds. This way you can give money to your teammates, if you inflict a SI on a commander.
btw: You forgot the most important rule:
If you kill off the commander, the victim joins your country.
Beater

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It's impressive that you folks continue to pour energy into this.

Rarely a simple league survives for long because of dropouts and conceeds.

If you pull this off Animal, please apply to the UN as a Middle East negotiator.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

ok i can agree with the dead commander team having to join the victor. but as for the other would you agree to put it to a vote?? to see what other coaches that are interested think. then we will go with majority rules

he he thanks beater just trying to make a fun and exciting tournament.

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

we stil have lots of spots left. come on coaches you know you want nothing more then to bash another team

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, considering YOUR team isnt in there...

But seriously, I would love to join, and I think the concede is a nice thing, as it can really help in bad matchups. For example, if I am playing Gobbos, and some dwarves challenge me, I AM going to have a pain trying to stay alive and win, right? Thus, if both are out, an immediate concede makes sense. And helps teams in living a little longer. Or no one will play ag teams, and just go for bashy types...

Z
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

lol yes i was waiting to see who was going to sign up but my team is in the works as we speak. ok so then so what you are saying you want to see is the force conceed if neither main players is field?? and if they both have to miss next game then yo must conceed to your next challanger?? ok i would like to hear some of the others that are thinking of joining have to think. so what ever the most folks want i have not trouble with it.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

im so proud of you guys
youve stolen my idea, without even being able to agree on a rules set
and you have a whole team signed up already

Goodbye Cusi
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

you know there is no reason for you to be upset. i do believe that every time i have stated anything about this league i have given you credit for coming up with the idea. your teams are still in your league so i dont see what my league has anything to do with yours. and you cant tell me there off all the lueagues out there that no two ones are alike in anyway. but if you want to hold a grudge that is your choice. it does not effect me.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i have revised the rules in responce to some request. so tell me what ya think. if this seems to be ok then the rules shall be set from this point on.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

ok coaches there are plenty of spaces left so join up now and lets get this battle under way

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

"no challange can be refused. if you are challanged *attacked* then you must battle. if you refuse then you must conceed and your team is dropped from the war. and the Attacking team will get a 50 point bonus."

I see quite a problem in this one.. what if someone challenges me, if I am afk?
Another thing is: Why don´t we try the proposed diplomacy? That would add more structure and flavor to the league with the points becoming a bargaining-subject.
 Jump to: