23 coaches online • Server time: 04:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

The Nine Hells Has its leader!!!!!!

ALL HAIL !!! Nepoleons Revenge------coached by The Smashers

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=213183 gerbils soldiers 2 vs odin's revenge 0
gerbils soldiers 1 bh, 1 kill, odins revenge 1 bh
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

At last the legendary Deathgerbil shows his face

And The ThunderMountain Islands laugh in it

bwahahahahahahaha

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... reading the rules, there are some things, I wanna propose:
1) If your general is killed and , you should join the country that invaded you immediatelly. Either with a new team, if you havenĀ“t got the cash to replace a general at once, or with your old team and a new general. Maybe you should even be forced to retire your commander, as he will be loyal to the old country.
If you can simply replace your general, the war will be endless.

2) There needs to be a difference between being at war and just skirmishes. At the moment, the only difference is, that a country gain 100 pints, if it takes out another country, which will never happen.
My proposal:
When a country is at war, there will automatically be a "bet on win" between those countries. Meaning, the country that wins the fight "pillages" an additional amount of point, which are deducted from the points of the losing country. The winner of a fight is determined by it the points, so ballhandling is somewhat important, but delivering cas is equally important. This way, even elf-teams are not too bad for battle-bowl. The amount pillaged could be a fix amount of lets say 20 points (which hurts the looser), or it could be variable amount of for example the difference of the score (so that a battle, that is won 20-5 adds 35 points to the winning country and deducts 10 points from the loosing country as 15 points were pillaged).

The whole thing could be combined with a roundbased challanging system. Every X days a genreal at war devides his team in offense and defense with 2 possible systems: (NOTE: With this system, only the attacking team may pillage)
A) Open System:
During those days, offense-teams may do two attacks and only defense-teams may defend against.
B) Sheduled system:
The leader of the countries shedule their offense-team for an attack on a certain country. The attacked leader chooses a defense-team among his defenders. Both play. Offense-Teams may attack one country twice, defense-teams may defend against any country three times. Attacks, that cannot be defended against automatically pillage 30 points. This way, war-alliances would become mor powerful, as the defending country has to keep more teams in defense to avoid auto-loss.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl update

A new team has been drafted by The Nine Hells. Black Barets- coached by Xray will now fight under this countries flag.

Reply to logic's suggestions

the first suggestion i agree about the endless war. al wars do have ends. but i do not want to force a coach to have to keep laying either. so how about this. the coach who looses his general in death. can replace him at the end of the if he has the cash for one. it has to be the same type player for two. and his country must pay a 100 point new general training fee. if these three things are met then he can stay in his country. if not then he can do as you say buy a new general which still has to be the same type player. force retire his commander and join the victors country if that country has the open slot to put him in. if not then he only has the last choice. or he can choose to just disband his team and move on to greener pastures. if he does not have the cash to replace his general then of course he is left with only the last option. on a side note any coaches that are forced out but still wish to play can make a new team and rejoin. but they can not rejoin the country in which they where taken out of. and can only join up in a country that has the empty slot to fill. i do want to stick firm on the eight country limit. mostly because i dont want to turn this into everyone is under one banner so no games are getting played.

i will get back to youas soon as i can about the others i got something i need to take acare of right now

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl update

i am sorry about my absence today

now on to the other suggestions

i do really like the pillage idea what do you think about the if attacking team wins he earns 20 points pillaged plus the difference in his win. if the defending team wins then they get the 20 points plus the points difference in the game. this only applies to games played with countries that are at war.

and the last suggestion. i see a few problems with that. the biggest one being coaches on and off line. say the leader sets up attacking and defending teams. and for what ever reason one or the other cant get on then it is just going to slow down games. say the only coaches who can get on today are all defending coaches. then no games will be played. if no leader is on to make any changes then they are stuck. but i will put it to a vote. so coaches let me hear what you think?? about these suggestions???

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry tried the concept out for about 5 games I think & have decided that it definately isn't for me so I have retired my team. All the best to those of you continuing to play.
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

day four scores

ThunderMountain Islands
--------have------earned------total
wins----9-----------6------------150
loss-----9-----------2-------------11
td's-----20----------10------------30
cas------28----------38------------66
si-gen---1------------1--------------30
si-com---1------------0--------------5
kill-com--0------------1--------------10
total -----165---------81-----------246

Land Down Under
-------have----earned------total
wins----7--------1------------8
loss----6--------4-------------10
td's-----17------2-------------19
cas------33------6------------78
si-gen----3------0--------------45
total-----204-----19-------------223

Midwestern Terrorism
-------have-----earned------total
wins---5---------2------------70
loss----5---------0------------5
td's-----12-------5------------17
cas-----34--------3----------74
si.com---1--------0-----------5
total-----140------13--------171

The Nine Hells
------have-------total
loss-----3---------3
td's------1---------1
cas------4---------8
si-gen---1---------15
total----------------27

the islander's have battled their way to the number one spot in points. lets see how this sits with the other countries.

Last edited by Animal2020 on %b %12, %2004 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to congratulate Dawgpwnd for being the first player to eliminate another team, unfortunately I was the victim Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing... y does a loss give you more points than a tie?
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

Midwestern Terrorism has struck hard and fast as day five comes to a close two teams were left battered and in ruin. ThunderMountain Islands has lost coach blackbart's team to the Terrorism and Land Down Under lost coach Gluttons Team to Oblivion.

It is rumored that they are going to erect a ststue in honor of Coach Dawgpnd in the Town square to Honor his Heroics on the field.

logic i mostly just use the points for loss's to keep track of them. and i didnt really want to get into adding and subtracting point totals. so i didnt put a loss at a minus. i didnt award any points for ties since i t would be the same points for each team. so i didnt see any point in that.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 00:01 Reply with quote Back to top

KinkyWinky smashed that Dawgpnd, there is no fear in the coaches of LandDownUnder, i made a 2 vs 0 and make him seriously injureds... Remember LAND DOWN UNDER RULEZZZZZZZZZZZ

its gonna be a long battle... but Kinkywinky and all the other LDU will fight til the end
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

LDU Rulez Da House!
Animal2020

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Battle Bowl Update

Scores

ThunderMountain Islands
--------have-----earned------total
wins-----15---------5----------200
loss------11---------10---------21
td's------30----------6----------36
cas-------33---------23--------112
si-gen-----2----------o---------30
si-com-----1----------1---------10
kill-com----1----------0---------10
total--------246-------111-------357

Land Down Under
----------have--------earned-----total
wins------8------------9------------170
loss-------10----------4--------------14
td's-------19-----------21------------40
cas--------39----------35------------148
si-gen------3-----------1--------------60
kill-com-----0----------1---------------10
total---------223-------210------------433

Midwestern Terrorism
--------have-------earned--------total
wins-----7----------9---------------160
loss------5----------8---------------13
td's-------17--------12-------------29
cas-------37---------51------------176
si-com----1----------0--------------5
kill-gen----0---------1--------------20
team out--0----------2-------------100
total--------171------342-----------513

The Nine Hells
--------have-----earned-----total
wins----0----------2----------20
loss-----3----------2----------5
td's-----1-----------4----------5
cas-----4-----------2----------12
si-gen--1-----------0----------15
kill-com--0---------1-----------10
total-----27---------40---------67

so there you have it

Midwestern has struck back. hard and furious.

on a side note the pillage rule will take effect from this day on.

good battling coaches.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

How took Midwest 2 teams out by killing one general?
 Jump to: