27 coaches online • Server time: 10:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Babs

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

As we are just putting the final touches on LRB 6 (There is one decision we are umm-ing and ah-ing over otherwsie we are all done) I am wondering if it is worth jumping 5 completely and going for LRB 6?

LRB 6 is planned to be the FINAL rules review for a long time (5+ years in all likelihood) so with one fell swoop you could be up to date and _ahead_ of Cyanide etc.

I can help! Not with playtesting etc. However if the developer is keen (not just nosey parkers) to know the changes to how _rules_ play (not changes to team rosters etc.) then I can assist now if they agree not to tell anyone else.

my email is babs at feudball (with the usual dot com after) if someone wants to take up this offer.

I think there's a big advantage to making this client LRB 6. It will be 100% up to date and stay in date for some time.

New to FUMBBL!

Have you signed up for the Feudball Novel yet?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought lrb 6 was entirely unofficial.

Am I being lied to again?

Oh, and final. Lolz. Sure.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

There are experimental LRB 6 rules that were released so we could get feedback on proposed changes. They have been out and about and used in leagues for about a year now. However, by early November the official LRB 6 will be released. I am a part of that committee deciding what makes the cut and what won't.

New to FUMBBL!

Babs

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh - nd we will _NOT_ be meeting to make LRB 7 in 2010. There are no plans for it, so you don't need to be skeptical of that either. And you can count on my word for it, there will be NO BBRC discussion for several years. If anyone should know the answer on this, it's me. I am the only person who has been on every BBRC discussion prior to LRB 1.0 .

New to FUMBBL!

Synn

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well hopefully you guys can stop raping BB long enough to put the Eye back into the game instead of "rolling doubles" to get caught.

You didn't make fouling less or more powerful by removing the eye, you just made it less tactical and more retarded.

Cheers! Very Happy

__Synn
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

and who elected this committee? i didn't vote for you. why should you get to change the rules of my game?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

there were initially no plans for 6.0 so soon after 5.0 either, one assumes (would seem stupid if there were)

yet it still happened

if there is a committee, it will change things to justify its own existence. this is the nature of committees

i know this as I am on committees at work, and this is all they do

disband your unelected (ie: oligarchic) committee and we might believe you.
asharak

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Well hopefully you guys can stop raping BB long enough to put the Eye back into the game instead of "rolling doubles" to get caught.

You didn't make fouling less or more powerful by removing the eye, you just made it less tactical and more retarded.

Cheers! Very Happy

__Synn

Single biggest thing I dislike about 5 Sad the eye was great!
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, whether or not we like the committee or the rules changes, they're going to be official. We might as well be up to date so next years rules changes can be more easily adapted to. Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still not happy with this "official" nonsense. Are these GW employees on said committee? If not, then who made them official, and on what representative basis? Do we need a fumbbl tea-party here?

(btw, this is not a debate over whether 6, or indeed 7, are good or bad. Rather I'm curious as to the basis for the rules revision in a game that - to a large extent - is no longer supported by it commercial makers, and has been handed over to the gaming community. Do we now find said community in the hands of unelected autocrats? What do we all think of this?)

Oh, and Nightbird, glad to see your family emergency is over.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

where can i get a peek at this unofficial lrb6?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

shh, it's secret. masons only, apparently.

spooneh, you must be a mason. let us in with the secret handshake will you?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.blood-bowl.net/LRB_PBBL/LRB_5_plus_Experimental2008.pdf is this the right link for the considerations for lrb6 ??
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

Cheers! Very Happy

__Synn

Agreed.

What was the motivation behind removing the eye anyway? Did it really sound like a good idea at the time?

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2009 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think I am the first one who is simply going to say thanks for the offer Babs. (Although I got nothing with the new client to do) But someone actually had to say thanks.

About the "official" status of this I am quite sure comes from the fact that (from what I have heard) the creator of the game got veto right's against all decisions.

So everyone can stop being being a pain and you know actually be a little bit grateful that a guy who obviously loves the game wanting to help out here. Not agreeing to one decision or the other is your own problem and got nothing with this to do.