39 coaches online • Server time: 15:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok we've all had troubles at one time or another trying to get an opponent to play your side that they fear. I am wondering what are some lines you have tried to pull on them to get them to play?

I try things like:

Wow your team is really good with lots of skills

Only my slow players have tackle

I think you team is really good and you should back yourself

My +str players falsely inflate my team strength rating. I really dont have many skills at all...

List yours.
vigil

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of that TR is money!

The strength formula is broken anyway!

Aww.. <a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=93506">Veskin</a>'s just big softie at heart...

Smile
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 03:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, anyone who tries to "convince" me to play, quickly becomes annoying, then ignored.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like Wuhan and Deathgerbil to share their dark secrets, well maybe not share them to EVERYONE, but just to me... yes, because my chaos team could use a little assistance in that regard. How do you hide 4 dirty players anyway?

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

for my Khemri team I always add in :

"No DP or PO"

It was more effective before rules review.
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, when my gobbo team stopped getting any games, my usual line was: "Sure I'll play you with my elves, my gobbos wouldn't be fair. They'd rip your team apart." That usually worked...
Sinner

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
I'd like Wuhan and Deathgerbil to share their dark secrets, well maybe not share them to EVERYONE, but just to me... yes, because my chaos team could use a little assistance in that regard. How do you hide 4 dirty players anyway?

well, Deathgerbil convinced me to play his old Revenge (the full roster, the old PO rule) by challanging my Dark Elves "Dark". I first refused, but accepted 2 days later, cause I wanted to know if I could match up against a "very" bashy team... apparently I could Wink.. I won

to the topic: I rarely try to "convince" somebody, but my advice would be: challange somebody who is above you in both rating and strength... if they refuse you can call them sissies Very Happy

Cheers

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
Sorry, anyone who tries to "convince" me to play, quickly becomes annoying, then ignored.

amen.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well just the other day I tried something along the lines of;

"Well, at least my Orcs would be a break from the monotony of playing Halflings time and again that I can see you've had by looking at your match record."

It didn't work though. Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite:
"I only use the DP as insurance against wuhan-player and PO."
Vukoyebina

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

(quote)

My TR is only that high because of the 190k cash
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

i tried to convice someone once that cash in your treasury added to team str
it almost worked
someone else butted in and ruined it though

Goodbye Cusi
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

vigil wrote:
Most of that TR is money!

The strength formula is broken anyway!

I have a question. On two separate occassions, I've had people tell me that TR and STR are better indications of a team's abilities. So which is it? My sense is that STR is better "at the moment" because I've seen it tank when I have players who will miss a game and that TR is a better look at what your team could be. Oh and it seems to me that the STR formula should be revised w/ WA rules because WAs are pretty much good for making sure your team doesn't go near the middle of the field and that's it.
Goblinux

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2003 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite was: I dont ever foul, it changed since I couldnt win vs Wuhan (I promise I will one day) I lurked Deathgerbils chaos Team ST 265 to play my cd by Team ST 181 Mr. Green
And another one for people lookin for recovery: You will lose probably anyway so why dont you play my FF 10+ team Twisted Evil
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently tried to convince someone to play my low level lizardmen with an equal strength human side (within 1 or 2 points of both strength and team rating). Got an emphatic no because he thought I'd slaughter his players. I played a chaos team, and then next game played against a different human side, end result no casualties by me while his humans took out two of my players...

I wouldn't bother trying to convince someone to play against 200 str dwarves with their brand new halflings or something like that.
 Jump to: