45 coaches online • Server time: 14:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

"I'm from Canada. Canadians don't play dirty."

"No PO or DP" is one I use also.

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 07:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I started a new one --- "hey , at least I'm not Bunnypuncher" lol

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Zynox'd.

Sinner wrote:

I first refused, but accepted 2 days later, cause I wanted to know if I could match up against a "very" bashy team... apparently I could Wink.. I won

The thing about that is, I don't think he was trying to win, he was trying to maim and kill. All that good stuff. So going into the game wondering if you'd win was almost silly, heh. That's not to say he doesn't want to win, it's just not his first priority. Myself I played Deathgerbil just because I was curious, and damn.. curiousity killed the cat. Literally, it was horrible. But he's a good guy and fun was had by all.

Whoops, soory forgot to mention, that I did more cas than him Smile

Deathgerbil´s Revenge - Dark

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

chaos dwarves arent really chaos or dwarves. there more like jello that your amazons can beat into millions of pieces. i mean... hobgoblins have NO SKILLS to start with and are armor 7, think of all the casualties. dont mind all the guard, thats just Defence. not all of my guys have block. or my favourite for CD, at least its not a chaos team. then i have the necromantic. comeon i cant break though your armor 9 orcs http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=178484 (then some goblins beat the hell out of me the next game but i dont like to talk about that.)
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
Sorry, anyone who tries to "convince" me to play, quickly becomes annoying, then ignored.

Agreed.

I am still conflicted on how to best handle the "may I ask why?" when I turn down a game... most of the times I just want to answer "no", just because it's usually a complex reason or just a gut feeling...

my teams I'm either not picky at all (like my khemri almost always plays up 20+ str), or very picky (with teams I'm very attached to, or teams that are in a delicate stage and can't handle being crushed)... Usually when I turn down I game I just compare the rosters and decide the game will probably not be that much fun (no, winning does not equal fun).

--
AeoN2
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

my biggest problem is that people have started refusing to play my halflings
i ask people of even str for games
they look at my team
and run screaming for the hills
what the hell is wrong with you people?
i have to ovver 4 people a game before i get a game with my mean nasty super killer hobbitses
your all a bunch of pansies
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SCRAMBLED EGGS SHALL RULE THE WORLD
*grin*
this link in my signiture will take you to my team
would you be afraid to play them?
hahahaha

Goodbye Cusi
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

and my favorite method of getting games with them is to goad people into insane rage by calling them losers and pansies and the like when they are afraid of my mighty superior hobbitses

Goodbye Cusi
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thrall wrote:
and my favorite method of getting games with them is to goad people into insane rage by calling them losers and pansies and the like when they are afraid of my mighty superior hobbitses

hmm... I can't think of any quicker way to get on my non-play list than that Very Happy
cusi

Post   Posted: Dec 24, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
Aequitas wrote:
Zynox'd.

Sinner wrote:

I first refused, but accepted 2 days later, cause I wanted to know if I could match up against a "very" bashy team... apparently I could Wink.. I won

Whoops, soory forgot to mention, that I did more cas than him Smile

Deathgerbil´s Revenge - Dark

you also inspired Deathgerbil to make his own Dark Elf team hehe
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2003 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Fine then, Sinner!

Gah, my idol has been shamed. Poor Gerbil, may he summon forth Enjoyment to pound you into oblivion! Or something. *sniff*

Post   Posted: Dec 25, 2003 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually wish him (her) good luck.

Next time he (she) will play... Wink

marco

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2003 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry for not posting the past week, - was in utah on vacation. My vision of a dark elf team would have been having all the players having tackle/dirty player, and hopefully join the elven defence league, since Moxy won't let in my o'le revenge Sad but unfortinately, - my dark elf team i was got scrapped pretty early as soon as the rules review came out in favor of a new kemhri team with 9 ff and 8 starting rerolls Smile. sure, all my skeletons were nothing but foul fodder, but people usually can be convinced that av 7 can be destroyed pretty easily, - especially when the majority of your players don't have much in terms of skills.

Now i dont' really need to try to convince people to play games with me all that much, - since after the rules review theres a crapload of high strength orc/dwarf/chaos dwarf teams out there, usually up for a game since they have high av, and pile on has been so heavily nerfed. Sure i have a few dirty players, but if you just tell your opponent your strength (or the lower of the str/tr combo), they'll usually won't check your roster Smile
Traitor

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2003 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Making reasonable challenges usually works for me.
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

"play me - I never roll better than KO".

Would be funny if it wasn't true, as anyone who saw me play at the Spiky Open will confirm.

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

it's very frustrating especially in early games when you are a supposed bashy team you only have a few 4 strg, 1 mgt blow from the big guy and a few block guys... usually this small strg advantage just allows to make a few more successfull blocks (with failed blocks turnovers too Smile )

seems that people don't even look at skills...
 Jump to: