37 coaches online • Server time: 13:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure that there is another forum post on this subject, and I did search for it... alas, I may not be smart enough to know the lingo to put in the search Embarassed Regardless... if someone could either post a link here to that helpful forum or riddle me this...

How does one edit the portrait.ini file to have player portraits changed when NOT using the FUMBBL login for the client?

The NBFL is having it's first Pro Bowl game - made from players on all the different teams - and while the results will not be permanent and uploaded, because the teams are, in effect, nobody's... we'd still like to have the player's portraits utilized (or I would at least Wink ) I have the jpg's and gif's of the players already, I just need to know which (jpg or gif) and where to put them and how the .ini file need be edited to refer to them. Thanks in advance to the genius who will help! Very Happy
krytie

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe it will point to the BBowl\pics folder by default so your customer portraits should be in there. Alternatively, if you edit the filenames in the ini file to be global e.g. instead of THROWER=hThrower.gif you would haev THROWER=C:\BBowl\pics\hThrower.gif

Modify the above based on the file structure in your own PC.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So to do that for a set of custom players, how would that look?...

Say:

DONTE WHITNER, BUFFALO BILLY GOATS GRUFF=C:\BBowl\pics\donte.gif

?? Is there any heading I need to put all the custom player names under or can I list them under the other star players?
krytie

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2009 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it matters if you group them under a header or not. If the pic reference is in the file, the client will show it.