61 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverborn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

pah.

lucky.

good work twahn, managed to win, even giving away all those handicap rolls

well me and cata will get our game in before the weekend, but given he has hired MORG 'N' THORG and fired a lineman to get a handicap roll.... I think the gangsters are looking at a season in div 1 Sad

ALSO, i think we should hold off div 3 for now, because there should be 3 keen beans from the qpool who have five games by the end of the weekend, so we can start with our 4 divisions, all at the same time, and with no coaches doubling up.

obviously if there aren't three players ready to move up by sunday, then we should keep a wild card team in there until there is, but it would be good if we could give the new lads a full season in their division.

ROLL ON SEASON THREE
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Me, you, and Clay are involved in every first round match in Div 3, and yes, we're going to hold off to allow the up and coming QPoolers to get in for the first round of the comp.

Handicap rolls, shmandicap rolls. I was always gonna beat them Gentlemen if we actually played. No handicap roll would make a huge difference to my team... we're just too good. Luck ain't got nothin' to do with it! Wink

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I was looking fwd to the Donuts kicking butt!

Oh well, back to the QPool for us...
neverborn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh it would twahn

bad press followed by a 6 player pitch invasion against you, killing all 6 players and the apoth failing

then dave scores a one turn td with his +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma Mummy, then another 6 against invasion killing another 6 of your players AND a blitz all on the same kick off roll... the ball scatters into the end zone and daves +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma +ma Mummy who is also +ag +ag +ag catches it and scores, the score is 2-0 after 2 turns and then there is another pitch invasion killing the rest of your players.

So there, dave could easily have won.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 03:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe... you're right. Damn I'm a lucky man to have escaped that one! Wink

Slight modification of the Playoffs. After receiveing protest from PLATYPUS regarding whitey having been awarded the win for their forfeit, it has been marked as a 'draw', resulting in Scumbags having to playoff for survival rather than Mammalians.

whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats much better, i didn't think i should've won, we've both had troubles.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 06:53 Reply with quote Back to top

See if you still think it's much better after you've had some Anvil! Razz

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So can the Qpool still play? I am wanting to play my final game!

=-) Babs
whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How'd the Mammalians end up ahead of me after a draw, we were equal on points before, and after the match then? And it still says Mammalians vs Anvils playoff in div 1 placings, but Scumbags vs Anvils in Premier.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Babs - The QPool has been reset... first three coaches to 5 games gets one of the three Div 3 slots that are being held by the Commissioner teams as placeholders...

First in best dressed!
whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Me and Renni are gonna try to get our playoff played tonight, about 10pm Sydney time.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome one and all to the Southern Waste League night of nights! You've seen your heroes battling for glory on the field all season, but now comes the time to truly recognise the greatest amongst them.
Welcome... to the SWL Season 2 Awards Night!

Let's get straight into it...

The SHIELD Awards, given to players for their defensive efforts, will this year be taken home by:

Rodney Skinner of League of Exhumed Gentlemen, winning the GOLDEN SHIELD
Kylie K of Bring it Zon, with a SILVER SHIELD

For Excellence displayed in the Passing game we have two awards, the GLOVE (for most Completions) and the ARROW (for greatest Distance).
Awards for these are as follows:

Lynx Rufus of Maniac Mammalians II claims the GOLDEN GLOVE and
Enio A. (Tony) Montini of Corporate Fraud Chain Gang picks up the GOLDEN ARROW.
Surprisingly, both the SILVER GLOVE and the SILVER ARROW have gone to a Dwarf! Congratulations to Dwalin of Adelaide Anvils

Next up are the hard men of the SWL. Two awards here too, the FIST (for Casualties) and the KNUCKLE (for blocks thrown).
Let's see who's got the minerals here:

Doctor Jekyll of League of Exhumed Gentlemen has been awarded the GOLDEN FIST
while Bifur of Adelaide Anvils takes out the SILVER FIST
and Ziggurat of Creepers claims the BRONZE FIST, averaging 1.3 Casualties per game!

The GOLDEN KNUCKLE, meanwhile, goes to Aloh Al of Southern Scumbags
the SILVER KNUCKLE is given to Thorin of Adelaide Anvils
and the BRONZE KNUCKLE has been awarded to Michael of Necromantic Knights.
All three of these 'gentle'men have been averaging just under 10 blocks a game...

Some of us know that it's not all about beating on your opponents, and the next two awards, the BALL (for Touchdowns scored) and the SLIPPER (for rushing yards) recognise the 'real' purpose of the game.
The league high scorers are:

Acinonyx Jabatus of Maniac Mammalians earning the GOLDEN BALL
Qnchdooieoe of Slumbering Skink scoring the SILVER BALL
and Jackal of Creepers, averaging 1.7 Touchdowns per game, and starting his medal hawl with the BRONZE BALL

Our fastest runners:

Sticky of Southern Scumbags will look very pretty in his GOLDEN SLIPPER
the formidable Qnchdooieoe, who's foolishly unpronouncable name has still to be mentioned a couple of times tonight collects the SILVER SLIPPER
and Boulder of Necromantic Knights can show off his BRONZE SLIPPER to all his friends

When you can't beat them fairly and you can't for the life of you manage to score, sometimes you just have to lay in the boot. Not very noble, but recognised nonetheless.
Let's check out are bad boys:

Daniel Bayly of Corporate Fraud Chain Gang raises the GOLDEN BOOT high.
Wurrzak Nobbitz of Madboyz of Mork seem proud to have 'earned' his SILVER BOOT
and last, but by no means least, the psychotic Morita of Necromantic Knights takes home the BRONZE BOOT

Now we come to the business end of the evening. The award for most Star Players Points earned in the Season, the STAR.
Stars of the SWL are:

For the Premier Division, Duke Snakefield of Carlton United makes claim to the GOLDEN STAR
while in Division 1, it's the undeniably great Qnchdooieoe of Slumbering Skink who'll be running off (and at great speed) with the SILVER STAR
meanwhile, in Division 2, the BRONZE STAR will be given to Jackal of Necromantic Knights

And finally, what you've all been waiting for... The TWAHNLOW MEDAL itself!!
Twahnlow Votes were all tied up in the Premiership, meaning that it'll have to be shared and that no GOLDEN TWAHNLOW will be given this season...
And the winners are:

Petri Alfonso of Southern Scumbags, Nyo'Ei of Zen Adepts, and Qnchdooieoe of Slumbering Skink will all take home a SILVER TWAHNLOW
while Jackal of Necromantic Knights adds the BRONZE TWAHNLOW to his trophy cabinet.

Congratulations to the Winners, commiserations to the far more plentiful LOsers! Wink

Everyone be sure to add something to the Bios of your affected players!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Alas! Not a single award for the Dragons...

Rigged!! RIGGED!!!
Twahn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Vladim came close to the Twahnlow. If he had have actually done something last season besides get MVPs, he would have been a shoe in! Razz

whitey

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

For a team that is been picked by the league reporter to fight relegation again, the Scumbas have picked up quite a few awards.
 Jump to: