21 coaches online • Server time: 08:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fbbl

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

all agree that tacking players are the problem .
so lets think what u can do about em .
hmmm hmmm hmmm . pling i have an id boot em
get a dirty or 3 and boot that nasty tackle might orc blitzer , and if he whines u can allways say its only to save your galls
happy booty time
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My brother (stavers) started an amazon team here, and his first match he played against my main DE team which had ranking 168 at the time... very simply i lost, and badly to a beginning unskilled amazon team.

after losing like 2-0 we tried to upload it, only to find out that there was a 40 tr limit, and we couldn't upload my coaching disgrace...

he used 4 blitzers covering the flanks, making it very hard to penetrate. by placing one amazon behind a second, he was forcing walls of tacklezones which very simply my DE weren't fast enough to get around... instead of a conventional cage, he spread he players out more making a web of tacklezones which literally were impossible to get through...

then again, my coach rating is so low, that it might also have been a reason...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

in honesty low tr amazons are very good for playing bashy teams , not dwarfs or CDs but everything else , start with 4 blitzers 6 linewomen and thrower , get your blitzers guard asap , ang your linos block , try to build up a high FF when at low TR , try to keep your TR below 150 until your FF hits at least 15 , Amazons lose everything though when your opponent starts getting tackle , you just cant survive easily above 200 . If your opponent has more than 4 tackle your in big trouble as your only advantage is gone ...Ive got an amazon team that started very succesfully but now its more of a struggle . Dont bother stalling with them either and feel free to try outrage dodges with your last player to move in the turn , I strip ball player can be useful because of ttheir ability to get to the player dodging then strip the ballout ( especially useful against low agility teams )

Also if your gonna cherry pick , make sure you pick ogres , they are so easy to beat with amazons its untrue . (dur me fall over again why you dodge me )
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried the same as MickeX (I keep to the rule that I never get to have over 150 TR with my amazon team). I play a running bashy game and have been very successful. I don't have a dp to get more games but if ranked wasn't open I would most definetily have two of those. Threatening the pass is a very effective tactic with all teams but of course more so when you have pass and catch.

The skill that I have found best so far is stand firm on blitzers, blodge stand firm guard is a fantastic combination in the bashing game, almost as important is that there are almsot nowhere a dodge/stand firm player can't go. Dodging through two tackle zones has a 50/50 chance of succeeding and with stand firm there is no risk involved whatsoever.

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

true about dodge-stand firm... have a look at this match if u want to see why an amazon team needs dirty players... i was on the receiving end of 8-10 fouls from an amazon team, and more dirty players on his behalf would definitely be more useful...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=621498

must admit, it was like playing a very agile bashy team, and my only tackle player was missing the game... definitely must get more tackle b4 playing against amazon again! *grin*

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

are zon's fun to play? they seem a bit bland with no real exciting skills, skill access...
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2005 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

no, they're boring and luck-dependent.
everyone in the team has blodge. your goal is to bash the opponent because you outnumber him. if unfortunately he is lucky in the first couple of turns, and gets pows and beats armour, you're dead. otherwise, he is.
and then, if you go against tackle-heavy teams, you're toast, unless you're lucky, in which case he is.
you cannot rely on a 3+ RR dodge to move around. anyone who played skinks knows that Smile

Jump to: