32 coaches online • Server time: 12:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sinners found their voices again after that dreadful beating by the dwarves... Defeating the Elves of Good Wood 3-0... the only question is, can they regain the winning streak they had?

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2004 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 0 VS Blind Butchers of Lamashtu 1</b>

Well what a <b>foul </b> lot of beasts these were. We tried to teach them the ways of Jesus but kept trippng over their pointy little hats. And before we could get up, some rotten hobgoblin was sticking his boot up our ass. Steve The Mighty tried to foul back, but we ARE Christians, and he wasn't very good at it. First half ended 0-0 as we decided these wackos couldn't be converted.

Second half the little cheaters jumped offsides and the officials turned a blind eye. Erik The Grand was looking out for the fouling hobgobs when a nasty dwarf ended his life. Reverend Thallus went over to administor last rites and another dwarf stuck him in the back with his own cross and killed him too.

Infuriated, Saint Mark killed a dwarf and tried to rally the troops. But it was too late, our spirit was broken. So we decided to lay down for a bit, say 3 hail mary's and get the hell out of town before anymore of those <b>foul</b> creatures came our way.

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone,
I want to apologize for not being able to play the last week's game. I have had a few extenuating circumstances, but I would like to stress this was not Flix's fault. He was ready to play several times where i was not. I belive that he should get the win for the week, as he made himself available many times I was unable to play. Please do not penalize him with a loss for my unfortunate real world problems.
Thanks everyone,
Shaq (tony)

PS. Don't think the rest of you will be getting a free pass! I'm ready to whup some butt! Smile
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: May 06, 2004 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me, I'm waiting for the rematch I promised you...

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 4 VS STILL THE PRETTIEST 2</B>

We were glad to see many of the elves taking the evening off for bible classes. We counted only 8 actually on the pitch for the start. The cutie Lawrence scampered away form a quick TD and before we could even say grace before the next kick off, catcher Liase was making it 2-0 for the elves.

The Christians then got serious and started pounding the name of the lord into the reminaing elves. Bishop Albright took the golden ball into the end zone for a 2-1 halftime deficit. Second half we completed our bible lessons and led more elves to the KO box. They were avid readers. Even the fans got into the action throwing 3 bibles onto the field during various kick offs. Unfortunately the elves weren't looking and they boinked them in the head.

Oh well. I wish our pointy little friends well.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 06:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Saints and Sinners League -- Round 9

Bring Out Your Dead
Sort of lost track of the cumulative death total but we had a substandard total three deaths in the league this week. One, Saints Diseases Beastman Amoebiasis, dead at the hands of newcomer Midnight Justice, was permanent. Guess it's safe to drink the water now....

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a frog!.....
This week's crossover games saw two rather impressive victories: twenty-four point underdog Itza Cuaqconqua defeated the top Sinner team Villanous Sinners while the Udûn Raiders defeated the mighty Hammers of Ligth in their match-up.

Consider Yourself At Home
Welcome Midnight Justice to the league and thanks to FLETCH for taking on an extra team and for getting two games played in about as many days. And for those who thought the commish introduced a fluffy team into the Sinners Division to bolster his divisional standing: in their inaugural game, Midnight Justice tied the individual CAS and SPP records and, together with their opponent Saints Diseases, tied the combined CAS record.

On the other hand, for those who thought the commish introduced a Norse team to the Saints division to crush the competition, Wotan's Chosen suffered a humiliating shutout at the hands of the up and coming Short Fuses.

Post   Posted: May 21, 2004 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

<B>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 2 VS WOTAN'S CHOSEN 1</B>

Yeah, finally some nice humans to learn the word of god. But what's with the horns, and leather, and skulls, and whoaaa...... that hurt. "Take THAT" ... Saint Luke said as Knottr fell to his death. The Norse stopped for an instant to pray to Thor. "Who the hell is Thor?", screeched Ogre Pope John Paul. Apparently he took most of the half to figure it out with boneheads and pow/skulls throughout. Reverend manning had the shits and didnt make it onto the field in the 1st half. His absence was felt as the Chosen took a 1-0 halftime lead when Thorkell raced unimpeded into the endzone.

Prancing onto the field with a new pair of Depends, Reverend Manning led the humans to a tying TD when Steve the Mighty took a handoff and scored. The gods of Norse and Christians fought in the heavens and on the pitch as neither team could take the advantage. We soon were in OT. Just when it looked like the Chosen would pull out the victory Christ himself appeared and tripped a catcher as he was going to pull clear for the TD.

Now inspired, the humans fought back and Bishop Laos sprinted over the endline as OT time expired.

An exhilerating climax.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the deadline is here and we stil have half our games unplayed; which is bad, even by the usual standard of two or three unplayed games a round. So what's up?

I apologize to those coaches who have been dedicated to this league and have consistently gotten their games played but this is starting to feel pointless. I am extending the deadline until Monday and then we'll see where we stand.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

LurkingGrue wrote:
Well, the deadline is here and we stil have half our games unplayed; which is bad, even by the usual standard of two or three unplayed games a round. So what's up?

I was late getting my game in since I went on holiday last week (may 18 to 24), completely my fault, not Flix's.

Maybe it's the spring time that people are less online then normally?

I think it's a good idea to evaluate the motivation of all the coaches at the end of the season and see how we can continue and keep this great league for the future. (maybe a few less teams?)
Unmotivated coaches have killed serveral league attempts before. They are killing for long lasting leagues, Maybe we could keep a record on coaches who are most of the time late, or who are not taking action to contact their opponent?

(although in general I think most of the coaches in this league are doing their best to get their games in.)

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mudplay won their 9th game of the season, With two blitzmoves their tactcal plan worked out almost perfectly: Mudplay won the ANGELS CONFERENCE with this win.

Although this win that was an expensive one again: a break tackle, block Saurus died on the pitch. This was the 4th Saurus that was killed on the pitch this season, 2nd saurus that was killed by a halfling.
The skinks turned out to be much less injury prone, only one fatal casualty in 10 matches vs 4 saurus players that died.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2004 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 2 VS SHORT FUSES 0</B>

Reverand Manning once again led the stadium in a pre-game prayer session. And once again, he got the crowd so riled up they stormed the field for a 6 turn riot. And strange enough, the dumbass did this the only 2 times we have chosen to receive this year. To make things worse, he was stepped on during the riot and had to miss the 1st drive while he was getting his foot treated. Arrrgh!!

At least the team was inspired. The Christians played 2 a flawless turns and scored for a quick (very quick) 1-0 lead. Second half and the dwarves began their march to our Chapel for some bread and wine. Our fans started chanting "this is our house, this is our wine". Once again inspired, Bishop Albright threw a nice cross body block to thwart a TD and then St John laid out the ball carrier.

Quickly Bishop Albright jumped back up, grabbed the ball, and pranced in for the 2-0 win. Thanks for the game. Post game was a nice party with some red wine and dwarven mead.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

welp i was looking backat some of the post. and i was one of the coaches that was and still is dedicated to this league. and as grue knows *thru pms* i had wacked out troubles with me comp. now i know that my team has been replaced. but come next season i will be here. and you can count the maggots in my Zombie linemen on that.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 06:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Slave Uprising 3 - 2 Villainous Sinners

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=378291

A close game decided by some bad rolls for the necros, and good rolls for the gobbos.
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well... I'll be back for you, my pretties...

Z
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 3 vs ITZA CUAQCONQUA 1</b>

Based on our previous experience with these lizard things we know preaching the good Lord's name would do us no good. So we beat them ... and beat them... and beat them. Pope John Paul led the team with 2 conversions and gained the ability to frenzy while on the paupet. Soon there weren't enough lizards on the pitch to convert so we let the rest live and go tell their children about us. Praise the Lord and pass the sauce ... we are having frog legs tonight!!!

Jump to: