21 coaches online • Server time: 04:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Man... last game, and Grue and I are neck and neck!

Z
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I may have problems in the future plaing games, because I am now in North America.

Burn

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

<B>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 3 VS DARK FLAMES OF HASHUT 2 OT</B>

The addition of pope John Paul to the roster has really inspired the Warriors in a quite ruthless way. Three Hashut members met their death (1 saved by Apoth) while we battled onward. Six players showed up late from a prayer meeting and Hashut scored an eaasy TD. Bishop Laos coverted for the equalizer before halftime.

Second half saw both teams fight, capped by a stunning TD by the BC Al'alim something something. So into OT we went. Apparently this was not a new experience for Hashut. Another great battle ensued, and again the word of God was stronger than the word of HasBEEN .... er Hasbut... er Hashut and Reverend Manning scored in T8 of OT for the win.

Onto the playoffs we go.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>CHRISTIAN WARRIORS 2 vs SHORT FUSES 1</B>

The Christians got their asses kicked by the stubby bearded ones tonight. Steve The Mighty tried an early shot to the groin but missed teribbly. His reward? Getting tossed from the game. Short Fuses went after his friend, Scott The Soulsearcher and killed him on the spot. The Warriors slowly walked up the pitch in mourning and scored with Bishop Laos going over the endline.

Second half and Short Fuses pressed onward. The Warriors played like they had a bible up their asses, falling over everything. Soon it was 1-1 and we were scared. The dwarves continued to play tough D with 4 turns to go and Saint Mark fell to a horrible blow. The Apoth (who apparently also had a bible up his ass) failed miserably and our 1st Saint was killed.

Still the dwarves pressured us immensly as runner Jimmie dodged his way to 4+ and 5+ rolls to get next to Bishop Albright. Next thing he knew the Lord rained a fireball upon his furry little ass and killed him. We were stunned that God himself finally brought his wrath upon the field. Rumor is, it was Saint Mark throwing the fireball from the heavens in revenge. With the path cleared, Bishop Albright walked in for the winning TD.

The congregation is much smaller for the semi-final matchup

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Mudplay 2 vs Hammers of Ligth 0</B>

Well I won, but lost any chance to get to the final in this tournament. Two MNG players, an other player killed (4th saurus this year) will be the end of all aspirations of Mudplay.

The last 3 games alone Mudplay had 6 Killed casualties against (that's only one less then the 7 Killed casualties the Christian Warriors had in their 13 game career). The total casualties against for Mudplay is now 10/7/12 in 12 games.

Dispite the Christian Warriors did lose some players... but they still will be able to field 12 players.. vs 10 lizards. The next game surely will be Mudplays last game, I have seen the Christian Warriors before and they were aiming to hurt skinks, blitzing them with tackle or mightyblow players. With only 4 skinks on the field it wil take him only 5 turns probably to make this win easy.

(edited some bad English words)

Last edited by Barash on %b %11, %2004 - %22:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

defaultly blitzing

?? Defaultly ? Not being a smart ass, just dont know which word you meant.

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2004 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Good Luck for the remaining teams.

Burn

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 00:44 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>SAINTS SEMI FINAL: Mudplay 3 vs Christian Warriors 0</B>

Mudplay lost 1-2 in regulair season vs the Christian Warriors. but when things mattered most in the semi final, Mudplay managed to win the game. The Christian Warriors were not able to stop Mudplay from scoring, even worse: the Christian Warriors were actually not able to score themselves a single TD!

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It was a sad day for the Christians. A Satanic Day. Pope John Paul got so worked up he knocked himself down 3 times. Both Bishops had fumble fingers and rolled a 1-1 on a 1st half catch that could have tied the game at 1. And the Saints hit like sissies, not even getting a KO on the little skinks.

Pathetic.

Next we'll hear about team members molesting little boys ......

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2004 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you think they converted so many goblins. Smile
Mully

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

"Well, with this win, the Sinners advance to the finals, to meet the Christian Warrior... wait... Mudplay? How in God's name did that happen? Anyways, to the finals!"

Arrgh.... another stab to the chest .....

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The final is going to be played.. eh.. right now!

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Only by a miracle Mudplay was able to score one TD. With no skinks on the field and losing the Kickoff in OT, Mudplay proved no match for the champion: Villanous Sinners.

Gratz AloneAndBurned, you played a very good final without mistakes (except the double skull blitz move from your wolf enabling me to score my only td. I guess I messed up once or twice (how stupid to forget that break tackle only works once.. sigh)!

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The slaves offer hearty congrats to Aloneand Burned and the Villanous Sinners...and claim a moral victory in beating them twice during the season! Smile Just kidding! Congrats to two great coaches on making the finals, and heres looking forward to next season. Mr. Green
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to AloneAndBurned and his Villanous Sinners on their winning the championship and to both he and Barash for making it to the finals and playing an excellent final game. I was only able to spectate the beginning and end of the game but what I saw was both well played and exciting.

The group page has been updated to reflect this victory as well as a few more final season stats. I'd also like to thank all of the coaches who participated in the league and who stuck with it through to the end. There were a lot of dropped games through the season but there were also a number of good, dedicated coaches and it was a pleasure to play with you all.

Regarding a second season, I didn't get much indicated interest in continuing when I asked but the interest I did receive was extremely enthusiastic.

So, I am thinking I may try to run a second season of Saints and Sinners, or, more precisely, another first season. I'm thinking of taking a smaller coach base, one European and one North American division, and assigning one region the evil teams and one the good teams, so it would not only be a contest between alignments but regions. If it works out perhaps after a couple seasons, when our teams are obscenely advanced, we would swap alignments and begin again. If this is of interest, let me know.