39 coaches online • Server time: 20:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
orochinagi

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

if against WAs the -2db can prove useful... since a pushback can be enough to disable them (push them to a square around which you have no players). About the ogres i personally think it's not needed to -2db against them... nothing a nice player positioning won't solve (and a bit of guard)
AeoN2

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes bringing 3-4 players to take down an Ogre is a luxury you can't afford... and a single player standing there and having the choice of staying, dodging, or a -2db block might be wise to do the last (if has block, and Ogre does not).

--
AeoN2
Franz

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have block and the opponent don't and you make a -2d block you will get attacker down 11/36, push back 16/36 and defender down 9/36.

If you simply leave your poor lineman next to the big guy and he block you you have: defender down 20/36 push back 12/36 and attacker down 4/36.

This is not counting re-rolls. It's more whorty to block!
PellePirat

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Franz: You also have to take into account that if you go down when 2d-blocking, the ogre is free for his next move, which means you'll probably have two players lying down. If you do nothing, he can only knock one down..
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Feb 26, 2004 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I do 2d blocks all the time. Especially when my opponent doesn't have block and I do. Of course, it's not the first action I do, but I will try it nonetheless. I've even done a few 3d blocks, once knocking down an ogre with a skink.

It all depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. Sometimes it's better to not do anything and keep the bigun occupies, but if you're in a position to score next turn, they aren't anywhere close to ya why not take a chance?
sangraal

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2004 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the best uses of the -2d Block i have found is
against cages --- with Stunty blockers.

I have a skink with Block & Strip Ball, I put the 2 corner guys from the cage in TZ'z (this doesnt work if they have guard) & then blitz the ball carrier.

Sure, I have to dodge into 3 TZ's to get there, but with Stunty thats a 3+ with
a dodge re-roll.

The only real concern is what might happen to the Skink after it Wink

sangraal
halby

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:21 Reply with quote Back to top

neet stuff. so AG2 dodge vs -2d block with mighty blow, chances of being injured both ways.

dodge is 1/2 success, no mighty blow
-2d block is um (2/3 * 2/3) success = 4/9, yes mighty blow

i spose its not even worth calculating the mighty blow, as its already clear that -2d blocks are stupid... I mean, even stupider than trying to dodge with 2 ag.
Wol

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Now, take into account in your calculation the fact that the blocking player has the Block skill.
That's 5/6 chance of a positive result on each dice.
So, make it 5/6 * 5/6, that's 25/36, about 70%.
Now it's more interesting than an AG2 dodge.
 Jump to: