45 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GeneralMarkov

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to do that with the new FFB client? I want to run a league pretty much like a tabletop league, but on the computer. I've been searching for a while and frankly don't think it's possible. I could always do it in league format on fumbbl, but I wanted to do a draft at the start of the season and give special skill bonuses to the best coaches. I'm aware of javabowl, but I think it's in LRB5, and I've only played LRB6. If someone know how to do that, any help would be welcomed.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

No.
GeneralMarkov

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well thanks a lot anyway
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 08:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Java bowl is lrb 4, one of the best reasons to use it!

The botocs client is lrb 6, and is a stand alone client.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just use botocs it is lrb5 but lrb5 is pretty much the same as crp anyway, just a little less crap. But you will be able to do the things you want with that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 09:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Just use botocs it is lrb5 but lrb5 is pretty much the same as crp anyway, just a little less crap. But you will be able to do the things you want with that.

I thought botocs was updated to 6?
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I'm sure you are probably right I havent used it apart from a few games since it was the only place you play lrb5.

On a side note I still don't get some of the terrible changes they made between 5 and 6.
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BOTOCS is LRB6 but with no animosity.

I don't think I got some of your rules either Garion. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 10:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldnt expect you too. You like CRP after all, but you shouldnt be expected to like some house rules, and you havent actually played them Wink . Official rules on the other hand should strive to improve the game each edition. Not get worse two editions running, alienate fans and drive people away from a game they have loved for many years.

Wink
koadah

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2012 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I wouldnt expect you too. You like CRP after all, but you shouldnt be expected to like some house rules, and you havent actually played them Wink . Official rules on the other hand should strive to improve the game each edition. Not get worse two editions running, alienate fans and drive people away from a game they have loved for many years.

Wink

IMO they have got better. Wink

Do you have any figures on how many have been driven away vs how many have come in and are having a good time?

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2012 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks to everybody, I'll check botocs, I was about to give up hope
 Jump to: