33 coaches online • Server time: 02:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the link to the You're too BIG! -league.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=730

-CycoD
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

GreenAvenger wrote:
CycoD wrote:
Stong teams should they be out of the league?

I have been doing some thinking. The only teams that coaches dont want to play at the moment is Orcs. Due to the limit of strong guy's I guess. And that is sad. So thats why I thought one idea is to let the limit of 2 guys with ST higher then 3 should only be to start with. Witch means that an orc team or a chaos team will be able to buy more strong guys after the league have started. The lĂ­mit of only one "bashy" skill/player will limit the team anyway. And all teams will get a chance of building up before there is too many strone ones in each team. But this is only a thought that crossed my mind. I dont want Khemri team in the league any way, though they are a true bashing team. Orcs and chaos can still develope into playing teams with their AG 3. With the right skills a chaos team can be very interesting to watch, (extra arms, big hand, two heads and so on). They will still have a hard time winning anything.

But I want your oppinion before I take the final decision.

-CycoD

That kinda scraps the whole idea in my opinion.... an orc team for instance is perfectly capable of playing blood bowl without BoBs, and we're allowing 1 and BG, or 2 and no BG. That's still cappable of becoming a strong team.

Yes that is true, but an orc team with no BG and limited to 2 BO in the beginning is not as dangerous as a dwarf team. They can and most probably will utterly destroy a gobling, halfling or amazone team, even if the have no spp's. An orc team is strong but they will suffer from the skill limitation as the other teams. And BO are not very good in the first 5-10 matches, due to lack of block, since they dont gain spps very often. A dwarf lineman is much more usefull, to start with. Got 3 skills (2 of them very good in this league) but not the same strength.

Saying that, I think the rules we have now is fine. But Im open for suggestions, to make the league better.

calon wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree with GreenAvenger, I play bashy mostly and am looking to be involved with this because its not.

The 7 pt system is a winner imho

( u let CD's in?? oh well!)

I dont think it will be too bashy, if you take away the BG's (except for goblins and halflings).
I think the point system is a winner too.
Why shouldnt CD's be able to join? They'r not as bashy as Dwarfs...

cataphract wrote:
I personally think the "only 2 guys of str more than 3" is a little silly. Yes it totally nerfs orcs, Lizardmen and chaos, but dwarves, necros and undead are untouched. I'd personally prefer a blanket No big guy rule. All this rule does is dramatically weaken a handfull of teams. I personally don't feel that it's going to have much effect on the number of casualties caused in the league. Instead it just means no one will play those teams!

That might be a good idea. With exception for goblins and halfings. But no more then 2 - ST4+ guys to start with. I like it, what do YOU think?

-CycoD
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the NO BG's (execpt for goblins and halflings) and maximum 2, ST 4+, guys to start with is a very good idea. (And makes the league name even more fitting.)

Because...
* Chaos teams have a hard time succeding anyhow
* Orcs have their BO's but if they'r not in from the start they have a hard time gaining spp's and quick teams will have no problem to out-run them or surround them.
* Lizzardmen with only 2 Saurus to start with aint dangerous, and they'll spend all their money getting more saurusars.
* Dwarfs have their 3 skills linemen. - Block, Tackle and Thick Skull. Lethal to goblins, halflings and amazones.
* Undead with their Mummys - 2, ST 5 guys, and MB to start with is very tough in the line of scrimmage, especially when you kick (and if you do many TD's...).
* Necros with 2 RSC players. Not as bad as dwarfs or Undead but still lethal agains low armoured teams especally to goblins and halflings.

Thats my opinion, whats yours?

-CycoD
Gimoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like an stuntyleague
pabloex

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think that we may be doing too many tweaks and creating an imbalance. So maybe we should go back to the league objectives and expectations. The idea is to have a league where decimating the other team wasn't the main objective. The focus rather was on winning the games using strategies aside from 'clear the pitch then score'. A large part of this is cared for in the fouling restriction and the skills restrictions.

Now, where I begin to get concerned is when we are going to limit the teams that rely on strength players by not allowing them to field all their strength players AND we having a scoring system that provides additional advantages to the more agile teams by rewarding TDs. Sure, the CAS aspect of the game may be more even but TD scoring isn't. Personally, I much prefer to have the pts awarded based on the game result only. You get SPP for TDs and CAS, there is no need to have team pts awarded as well.

If we are going to do a point system based on TDs and CAS, then I think it is only fair that the restrictions on STR players be lessened. I also would not vote for banning Big Guys because some teams only get one (Norse, Skaven, Human, etc) and have no Str 4 players.

I say first you decide how you want the scoring to occur. Once that is set and won't change, then you can make a call on Str players.
springboks

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
springboks wrote:
The point system seems very good.

I think Kemri could be allowed....they would be very hampered by the fact that they can have only two Mummies, and no agility 3 players. They could do some damage, but probably not too much......

well, if you're going to only be able to take 2 mummies then play undead. you get your 2 mummies, plus ghouls and wights and a raise the dead spell!

I personally think the "only 2 guys of str more than 3" is a little silly. Yes it totally nerfs orcs, Lizardmen and chaos, but dwarves, necros and undead are untouched. I'd personally prefer a blanket No big guy rule. All this rule does is dramatically weaken a handfull of teams. I personally don't feel that it's going to have much effect on the number of casualties caused in the league. Instead it just means no one will play those teams!

In light of the commish's recent thoughts, I guess I agree with the idea of no big guys. It also fits in SOOOOOO well with the league title......

Christopher Ferrante
christopherferrante@yahoo.com
AIM: hipandkneedoc
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

pabloex wrote:
Well, I think that we may be doing too many tweaks and creating an imbalance. So maybe we should go back to the league objectives and expectations. The idea is to have a league where decimating the other team wasn't the main objective. The focus rather was on winning the games using strategies aside from 'clear the pitch then score'. A large part of this is cared for in the fouling restriction and the skills restrictions.

Now, where I begin to get concerned is when we are going to limit the teams that rely on strength players by not allowing them to field all their strength players AND we having a scoring system that provides additional advantages to the more agile teams by rewarding TDs. Sure, the CAS aspect of the game may be more even but TD scoring isn't. Personally, I much prefer to have the pts awarded based on the game result only. You get SPP for TDs and CAS, there is no need to have team pts awarded as well.

If we are going to do a point system based on TDs and CAS, then I think it is only fair that the restrictions on STR players be lessened. I also would not vote for banning Big Guys because some teams only get one (Norse, Skaven, Human, etc) and have no Str 4 players.

I say first you decide how you want the scoring to occur. Once that is set and won't change, then you can make a call on Str players.

First I would like to thank you for your comment. It is true. Im new at this so I appologize for jumping back and forth. Im glad you enlightened this.

The whole idea behind the league was was winning the games using strategies aside from 'clear the pitch then score'. And thats how it should be.

I still think there should be no big guys in the league, to start with, exception for goblins and halfling. And that all teams should start with a maximum of 2, ST 4+, guys. But then be allowed to buy more, including big guys.

And the point system should be based on winning or loosing. Not how many TD's you've scored or how many casulties inflicted, (to tell teams apart, but not how many points you get).

So my suggestion is;
Win 3p
Tie 1p
Loose 0p
Concending -1p

To tell two equal teams apart...
1 Mutual meeting
2 TD diffrence
3 Cas difference
(They should be seperated by now, but if not.)
4 Most TD's scored
5 Most Cas inflicted
(6 Heeeelp!!! Coinflip?)

This is my last suggestion. If no one is totally against it by monday 24.00 this will be final. No more jumping back and forth. Ok?
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2004 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

How many points to get in a tournament, and what will sepate them?

Example 1: 4 coaches who have played 8 games each.
Coach W, Human team; 3 lost, 2 tie and 3 win. That would give him 11p.
Coach X, Elf team; 4 loose, 0 tie and 4 win. That would give him 12p.
Coach Y, Dwarf team; have 0 loose, 6 tie and 2 win, that would give him 12p also.
Coach Z Chaos team; 2 loose, 3 tie and 3 win, he would have 12p.

Coach W is at 4th place, but who should be the winner?

X have beaten Y but lost agains Z, Y have beaten Z but lost agains X, Z have beaten X but lost agains Y?

Coach X have score the most TD's, he is the winner.

Coach Y and Z have the same TD diff and Cas diff. Scoerd equal TD's and Cas? Then Y have lost agains Z, so Z is number 2? And coach Y is number 3?

Example 2: Same conditions as before.

But coach X have the same TD diff as the others (but have done more TD's totally and got more agains him). And have less Cas diff (suffered more cas then the other 2 and inflicting less), then he would end up in the 3rd place.

And coach Z would be 1, due to mutual meeting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its late and Im thinking loud. And checking the system. I think is working. Smile

-CycoD
Calvin

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok if there are not going to be any BG's then the goblins and halflings wont be able to play in this league cause the BG's on those squads will decimate the regular joes so to speak. Lets like someone already said just go back to the idea of no fouling and just let the dice decide the outcome of a match... Twisted Evil
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Calvin wrote:
Ok if there are not going to be any BG's then the goblins and halflings wont be able to play in this league cause the BG's on those squads will decimate the regular joes so to speak. Lets like someone already said just go back to the idea of no fouling and just let the dice decide the outcome of a match... Twisted Evil

ecxeption for goblins and haflings. That means Goblins and Halflings can buy Big Guys from start. Wink I think the teams are fun and should be able to join the league. And we got one goblin team in the league allready.

-CycoD
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or does the rules indirectly just say:

1. Skaven and chaos teams doesn't get to choose two mean skills on the same player
2. Orcs, chaos and lizardmen start with a handicap
3. No fouling
4. No star players

Are there some greater scheme that I don't understand that explains the weird starting handicap? And how will these rules take away the "kill the opponent then score" - tactic? The two dwarven teams are the most violent of all (except khemri of course) and aren't affected at all by these rules?

If you just want fancy plays and avoid lots of deaths you have to ban all teams with extensive strength skill access.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been concerned about the Dwarfs, they are very bashy. I will ban them from the league if no one protests too much.

And then more coaches may dare to play gobbos, flings and amazones, without getting totally mashed.

-CycoD
FLETCH

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

CycoD wrote:
I have been concerned about the Dwarfs, they are very bashy. I will ban them from the league if no one protests too much.

And then more coaches may dare to play gobbos, flings and amazones, without getting totally mashed.

-CycoD

If Dwarf is not allowed, Why is Chaos Dwarf allowed Question ?
cataphract

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

i think this is getting out of hand... let's keep it to the fouling and skill restrictions...that's plenty! banning certain teams and not others is really getting out of hand.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2004 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

FLETCH wrote:
CycoD wrote:

-CycoD

If Dwarf is not allowed, Why is Chaos Dwarf allowed Question ?

Even as the coach of a Chaos Dwarf team in this league I would prefer to keep up the STR 4+ maximum of two players during the whole time, not only the beginning. As a simple (a bit more restricting) alternative the Big Guy could be dropped from CDs.

ciao
 Jump to: