65 coaches online • Server time: 21:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maysrill

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@maysrill: I'll take it in steps. First set of inducements will be all that is not cards (Bloodweiser Babes, Halfling Chief cook, Wizards, Mercenarys, the works). We'll see how it goes from there. Some cards are not all that hard to implement, others are nigh impossible (or have a very very bad cost - benefit ratio, such as having 2 balls on the field).

Wow. I was semi-joking, since all those cards would be a ton of work, but I'm 100% behind anything that gets us more to the tabletop rule set Smile

I love the wackiness of the cards in tabletop, even if they are a poor choice in general, if you're looking for the best chance to win. I guess I got used to the incomplete handicap table we use for LRB4 and assumed this wouldn't be an option.

Major props as always!
Ballcrusher

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent work!

Just get the basics done first, so we can wave goodbye to ageing and other annoying LRB4-rules - then get yourself a huge beer and enjoy the fumbbl celebration for a while - and first after that start to worry about how to make your client more flexible and fit house rules etc. Smile

Again, thanks for all your hard work. It's really appreciated by many here on this site.
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^^^
mega appreciated by us all.
Zuul

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even begin to express my gratitude and now that this will end up being a reality expect me to be in with the first wave of beta testers!
Burnalot

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your great work.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2010 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@JellyBelly: gametest has not been officially restarted yet, no. It will hopefully do so in the next couple of weeks, including uploading of results.

Wicked! Youdaman Kalimar!! Very Happy

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2010 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:

@SnakeSanders: options such as you describe (less than 11 players on the field, different pitch) are absolutely thinkable. BUT I need to get the client to work first satisfyingly in "normal" mode, then start to work in the more "exotic" options. I would think that get a working set of inducements for instance comes before adding bb7 features. In general I'm open to that, however.

Very Happy

This truly is great news! I would love it if it was possible and of course the priority is inducements!
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2010 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Great news, keep up the excellent work. Am really looking forward to using the new client.

But in regards to BB7's and other varients are there enough people who play that to warrant the extra effort needed?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2010 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Great news, keep up the excellent work. Am really looking forward to using the new client.

But in regards to BB7's and other varients are there enough people who play that to warrant the extra effort needed?

Depends on how much extra effort it is precisely, I suppose.
nazgob

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2010 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding BB7s, we have a very active community. Our last league involved almost 70 teams over 3 tiers, and the current KO tournament has 24 coaches at present. There are many other coaches who just play pick up games, and new players every week.

Just check out the groups tab and you'll see that we are one of the largest groups on fumbbl.
Wolter

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2010 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Me thinks the BB7s group has told its members too come in here and spam all the time untill there heard

enuf now little kids let the grown ups make the game work first,
On1

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2010 - 16:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I will name my very first rotter "Kalimar" to honor you.
turboraton

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2010 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

YES. YES! Y E S !

<turboraton> arghhh
jarvis_pants

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2010 - 07:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
I will name my very first rotter "Kalimar" to honor you.

hell get drafter first skill Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2010 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive recently had some indications that the new clients RNG will sample from a truly random source. That should put an end to any further rng debats Smile
 Jump to: