68 coaches online • Server time: 22:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm wondering where I can get Help with tactics and strategies for any and all teams.

I've been on http://www.blood-bowl.net/Tactics/BBTactics.html and found it to be quite useful and was hoping someone could point me in the direction of any other good sources.

It should be noted that I find the talkbloodbowl forum a bit hard to follow and that I need all the tactics and strategy help I can get as my coach record clearly shows.

LtMonkey1982

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on, it might stop me pestering people in chat

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Take notes whenever you lose a match.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it is a tall order. Try to figure out whether you're having trouble with offense, defense, team management, advancement, setting up, etc... Try to look and see what you are doing right, at least. It's encouraging, nonetheless.

Yeah, TBB can be hard to follow, but sometimes people post specific strategy guides: a single long article with about 697 replies that pick it apart. If you just read the article, it can be useful.

Beater mentioned taking notes when you lose and he's touched on an excellent point. Take note when you win as well. And when you watch a game. And when you watch a replay. And... well, you get the point. Not necessarily filling a notepad with your doodles and trying to refer to it when playing (a slow and potentially annoying process) but simply spectate a few games. Look and see and try to figure out what you would have done differently. Try to figure out why the Red Coach is moving those specific players first and why the Blue players always seem to be left standing around without having taken an action. This is even better when a few other people are spectating with you, so you can discuss it. Kinda fun as well. Replays are another excellent source of material for this. Both your own teams and others can be edumacational-like.

Lastly, maybe try something new. When I first started on FUMBBL, my first team (ever) was Chaos. Their record was something like 2/5/15. Then I tried Skaven and went 5/5/5-ish. While the Chaos taught me how to block (finally... it took me a while), I still sucked immensely until I actually got to try out things like AG 4 and actual, honest to god Skills(!). It was only then that I finally moved up to the hallowed halls of Mediocrity. Looking over your Overview, I see a whole lotta bashy teams. Try elves or skaven or humans, maybe. It may not be your thing, but you can probably learn a trick or two and also see what tactics bashy teams use against you and figure out what you can do to counter them. Then switch back to your Khemri and counter-counter them. Smile

Let us all know if there's anything more specific and someone should be able to help.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

well that all makes sense, I was hoping someone would know of a site similar to the one I'm using so as to get plenty of different views.

Thanks all, keep posting if you've something to add
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

try reading the user guides on this site

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have didn't think it was very good, sorry

handy for starting lineups but thats about it

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Talkbloodbowl.com
they have a big tactics section

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. Started adding to the user guide and set it up so others should start adding some more. Everyone go put in whatever you've learned, now!
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=Strategy%20and%20Tips

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2004 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

it's looking good now, just need people to start addong to it