36 coaches online • Server time: 10:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2012 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Sent to C as is.

That should be it for icons for me. Next stop after version 1.0 will be looking into a new set of SVG icons if it is possible.

Was a blast, thanks to all for the fun!
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2012 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wait! My super awesome mods weren't incorporated?

/me is mildly disappointed. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2012 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to see that idea incorporated. It's very in character and there was a snotling figure doing that.

However it isn't possible on this site.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Some people mentioned they don't like the brown troll that replaced the blue one (that was too confusing).

What about this recoloured green variation?

Image Image
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 03:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I also like it, although I liked the brown one. But it's not just recoloured; are you trying to sneak that change to the armour plate around his elbow through?

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Weird, maybe I grabbed the wrong file? Didn't notice. Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The new green troll is fine, but the old troll is green too: what about a new blue or grey troll?
Green = river troll
Blue/grey = stone troll
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue makes it too confusing as to which team he is on.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Armour's colour and facing may prevent that.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2012 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like all the troll variants. I must admit I never had problems with the blue one, but the new ones are better.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2012 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed a few changes in the icons in the client of late; it reminded me, originally Kalimar mentioned we'd be able to control icons in some way shape or form. I was wondering if we were anywhere near that?

I'd just about gotten used to some of the new icons, and then they changed again... And I like them even less! Sad

No harm to anyone involved in the art. I'm sure it's lovely and that the majority like it. But the sooner I can fix the icons, the sooner I'll be a happy little camper.
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2012 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I've noticed a few changes in the icons in the client of late; it reminded me, originally Kalimar mentioned we'd be able to control icons in some way shape or form. I was wondering if we were anywhere near that?

I'd just about gotten used to some of the new icons, and then they changed again... And I like them even less! Sad

No harm to anyone involved in the art. I'm sure it's lovely and that the majority like it. But the sooner I can fix the icons, the sooner I'll be a happy little camper.

The client is ready for custom rosters now. I believe the next part is just site changes, so on christers side.

Obviously not sure what this requires. But probably a lot of work that's way over my head.

Purplegoo is old school - Image
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2012 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well; I am and I'm not. 80% of the new icons are absolutely fine, it's the other 20% I really don't like. If I can swap the whole set out for the old ones (none of which annoy me), win. I'm unclear if the plan is that I can swap all icons that I see on my screen (the ideal) or just my own team (not ideal, it's only half a job and the clash of styles would be no good).

To be honest, I probably would have forgotten all about this if the latest suite of changes hadn't gone through. I'd just about gotten used to the new icons bar some I really hate (Gutters, Amazons, Lion Warriors, as examples), but then I got smacked in the face with the new Ghouls and Skinks. Wink

Just to underline, again, I think the work done by the community in this area is nothing short of amazing, it's a delight having all of this input. Choice would just be appreciated, if it's not too much trouble.
 Jump to: