35 coaches online • Server time: 00:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok as suggested by Christer, here is an actual thread for any and all that would be interested in breathing life back into the GLN. So please post here what you could do and what you would be willing to help with. Serious commitments to this are needed to bring GLN back to life. So if you feel that you could edit, write, do graphics, strong arm people into doing any of the above, post it or contact me via PM or IRC.
Ro
Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

*raises hand*

I am willing to at least make a contribution by writing one or two articles, but am willing to chip in on more levels if necessary, depending on what is necessary. (I am not very good with tags and HTML, but I have skills on the creative side of things.)
Zuul

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am willing. I don't play as much these days because I mostly lurk but I do have enough spare time to be able to contribute some of it.

I am able to do most graphics editing required (though I am not as creative a being as some masters around here) and I have a sharp eye for editing, proof reading and layout. Also I would be quite happy to contribute my writing skills to an article an issue or something like that (depending on the frequency of issues intended of course!)
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Diaries of a fale ogar

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

A while ago I was approached to write a piece about defense in general. I did write an 'article', it became rather theoretical and abstract but - I hope - still insightful. I gave it to the coach approaching me, but so far it hasn't been published to my knowledge.

Might need a bit of editing, but I'd gladly throw it in.
Steve

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'v been here for a while, lurking around big time. I'd love to help out with the GLN to do my share for the community. I would like to do coach interviews, so we all could get to know some of the legendary coaches we all want to know the juicy parts about. A interview series could be an idea? I should point out I'm not the greatest at english, so there is need of proofreading.

//Steve aka "Günter Wallraff"
drbunny

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

So who is putting their hand up to be the head editor?
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
A while ago I was approached to write a piece about defense in general. I did write an 'article', it became rather theoretical and abstract but - I hope - still insightful. I gave it to the coach approaching me, but so far it hasn't been published to my knowledge.

Might need a bit of editing, but I'd gladly throw it in.

it will be reliesed within the month circ Smile

its excellent Smile
Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

in - Graphics

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Will help with whatever needs doing!
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

drbunny wrote:

Well Im trying to gather people and commitments to this. I would be willing to be the driving force behind it. I have been looking for awhile to give back more to the site. I am noting the suggestions that are coming forward and am starting to get some good ideas as to what this could be. However, if someone else feels they are a better choice then I would step aside untill then Im gonna harass and bug people. Hopefully we can revive GLN
Ro
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 22:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i would love to bring a few coaches in for another couch session. And edit it to useable format, would just need someone to add the codes etc.

I might be good for some other content too. i always wanted to doa piece on use of stars. Star by Star.

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Ro wrote:
drbunny wrote:

Well Im trying to gather people and commitments to this. I would be willing to be the driving force behind it. I have been looking for awhile to give back more to the site. I am noting the suggestions that are coming forward and am starting to get some good ideas as to what this could be. However, if someone else feels they are a better choice then I would step aside untill then Im gonna harass and bug people. Hopefully we can revive GLN
Ro

you were the first person i thought of when the other thread got revived ro.

I'd love to help out in some capacity. I'd like to do a regular series of articles based on my old "tactica idiotica" blog posts as well as maybe throwing in the occasional slightly more serious article (god knows i love the sound of my own voice Very Happy ) and am happy to help with chasing others if nesessery (as long as someone promises to chase me to remind me to chase others)

My main faults here are a total lack of coding ability and spelling that frequently leads people to accuse me of actualy being spiros second account.

Also if you need some fumbbl bikini models for the "centre spread" itd be a good way to use the coaches who volunteered for mah zons project Very Happy
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

One though..... if we're gonna do this lets make sure we really do this time. The GLN is awsome and deserves a proper run at it.
My serious suggestions would be:

a) realistic due dates. its better to get 1 gln every 4 months than be promised it every 2 and not get it at all

b) dont set a date for teh first issue. its only gonna depress us all when we miss it by a mile. anounce it when its almost totaly complete instead then you'll know how long its likely to take to get each issue out

c) is it possible to get some sort of "GLN contibutor" tag on coaches pages (like the fumbbl supporter one)??? personaly i couldnt care less but if it encourages just a few more articles then id say itd be worth it.

EDIT:

d) dont let me submit articles when ive ben drinking or ther all going to look like this....
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2010 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I have set up an IRC channel for the revival #GLNR if you are interested in helping please join us. Shades I need you for graphics to work with Qaz please Very Happy
 Jump to: