39 coaches online • Server time: 10:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pjj

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know of a way to associate a custom icon set with specific TEAMS and not rosters or players in the icons.ini file?
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

not quite sure what it is you want to do, can you explain a bit more please?
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

He wants icons to be specified by specific players (aka player number 2 on the team Orcland Raiders) to have a icon unique to them.

Here is the post with all you need to know about it Smile

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12173&highlight=icon+player+specific

BTW why that post is not Sticky I will never understand Wink

Last edited by Thomcat on %b %11, %2010 - %11:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Pjj

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, from my understanding of the ini file there are three 'levels' at which you can effect change.

Roster

So I could replace the icons for all of [AMAZON] and it would affect every amazon team.

Position

So in amazon I could change 'blitzer' and it would affect every amazon blitzer on every amazon team.

Player Name

You can specify a unique icon for a specific player.

What I want to do is somewhere between Roster and Positional. Using Thomcats example I want to make a custom orc team icon set for the Orcland Raiders, but I only want it to show up with that specific orc TEAM. So all other orc teams would remain as they were. And while it would be doable by putting in 16 unique players, I was looking for a more efficient way.
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thomcat wrote:
He wants icons to be specified by specific players (aka player number 2 on the team Orcland Raiders) to have a icon unique to them.

I interpreted it as he wanted to have icons for a specific teams (ie. change icons for Orcland Raiders, without touching icons for other orc teams, or players with identical names as the ones in Orcland Raiders). Linking an icon to a specific name will change the icon for all players with that name.

But afaik you can give icons by race+position, by big guy or by player name. I'm sure the new FFB client will allow some easier ways to customize icons.

Edit: made this post before reading Pjj latest, and used the same team (Orcland Raiders) as example. win!
Ludovicious

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you need to create some a set of file handling script. One that deletes the original icons, then puts your custom icons into the icon folder. Another one that deletes your custom icons and puts the original ones back into the icon folder.

you would need to run this script just prior to playing and after playing of course. I think this is the only way to do it.
Pjj

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ludovicious wrote:
I think you need to create some a set of file handling script. One that deletes the original icons, then puts your custom icons into the icon folder. Another one that deletes your custom icons and puts the original ones back into the icon folder.

you would need to run this script just prior to playing and after playing of course. I think this is the only way to do it.

I think that is way more involved than just doing 16 custom player names.

The reason I don't want to do that is I wanted to change all the teams of certain races within a certain group/league. If I could do it by team name then I could just put in the team names and be done with it somehow.
ultwe

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm JanMattys used to have a link for the hellfishes, to do just that. can't find it anymore, though. You may want to ask him nicely to explain how he did it, next time you see him in IRC

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Kryten

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2010 - 16:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I use custom icons for my teams, but there are some funny things that can happen. If you happen to play/spectate against another team that has a player with the same name, it also gets the custom icon, so sometimes I see a beastman in a helmet playing on a wood elf team Very Happy
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2010 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont think it can be dome unless it is somehow possible to edit the .ini file to look at specific player id numbers instead of race/position/name. the player id is the only unique part of a player so it would have to be done there eg

playerid="hlineman1" --> 5243627="hlineman1" for example.

just thinking out loud i guess this would need to implemented on the client side to get it to work. the .ini file is just a text document basically and the client "reads" this for specific information. editing the ini is the easy part, the client would need to be told how to interpret this new information. well, hope that all makes sense Smile
 Jump to: