36 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It's time to take a leaf out of Cyanide's book and starting a CLAWPOMB/MINMAX sucks thread.

Anything related to either subject now goes on there, to prevent repeat topics/threads, because the coach couldn't find or couldn't be bothered to look for the answer on the forums or just wanted to whine or ask advice.

Any new topic opened on anything to do with either done to death subject will be locked.
Qaz

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Woa mouse got Angry!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
member1234

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Been angry for a while! Razz Heh, little funny to see a thread title like this from HM after locking so many of them. Wink

I put a wager on ... 63 pages this year and, hmmm, let s say 7 posts that are worth reading in all of that.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank god for this, instead of Harvestmouse derailing countless threads with pointless Blackbox bashing he can whine to his hearts content in here!

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just trying to find other coaches perspective on a issue I had with my rookie team of Chaos Dwarves on Blackbox..

Came up againat a low tv Chaos Pact with a legendry Star Player, with all the trimings Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle, Fenzy, Block, in a rookie team with the tv just over 100.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=651502

is this allowed ?

cos it certainly wasnt fun playing them .... as every turn saw a memebr of my team KOd or injured ... actually hoping for a stunned for petes sake....

Any how i thin those skills alone are deadly and combined are asking for a unbalanced playing field that does take away a element of fun.

In my opinion i reckon that muations should be random, this keeps claw in the game but getting would be very difficult and would add a new dimension to mutated teams.

it would also keep in with the fluff that mutations are random ...
jamesfarrell129

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely it needs to be stickied, so people can find it easier?

How long before we get similar with skill choice threads? Wink

I'll bet on 77 pages

PS: particularly funny that it was a rookie CDorf team complaint about min-maxing that inspired this new uber-thread!

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It takes all the fun our of complaining if you're supposed to do it. It's like those walls they build to put graffiti on, talk about missing the point of the acitivity...
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

*Clawpomb/Minmax skill threads can go on here Wink I have already thought about that.
*This topic isn't division related. Both the main divisions have there shortcomings, which I'm open about. However if it's related to claw/pomb/minmaxing that thread will also not exist. It'll go in here.

This thread replaces anything on either subject that has been done to death/will get the community up in arms (as they tend to do)/or is related to the point of being about either subject; pro or against.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

BAJones wrote:
Just trying to find other coaches perspective on a issue I had with my rookie team of Chaos Dwarves on Blackbox..

Came up againat a low tv Chaos Pact with a legendry Star Player, with all the trimings Claw, Mighty Blow, Piling On, Tackle, Fenzy, Block, in a rookie team with the tv just over 100.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=651502

is this allowed ?

cos it certainly wasnt fun playing them .... as every turn saw a memebr of my team KOd or injured ... actually hoping for a stunned for petes sake....

Any how i thin those skills alone are deadly and combined are asking for a unbalanced playing field that does take away a element of fun.

In my opinion i reckon that muations should be random, this keeps claw in the game but getting would be very difficult and would add a new dimension to mutated teams.

it would also keep in with the fluff that mutations are random ...

Its allowed, just sad that some coaches feel the need to exploit the match maker to this extent.

All you need to remember is that coaches that use teams like this do so because they lack the skills needed to play an even game and win Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I question the value of anything Cyanide thought up...
KenThis

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

what if we want to write about how great clawpomb or min/max is does it go here?
maybe you shouldn't have the 'sucks' suffix but be a bit more open to all sets of views..
Roland

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

just foul them!
they're lying down (edited)

HM
member1234

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

but but but but, it's safer to be on the ground than standing these days! Razz
Calcium

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This has so much potential

Gawd bless ya Harvestmouse Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2013 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
I question the value of anything Cyanide thought up...

I think it fits perfectly, Cyanide and CPOMB, Dumb and Dumber..
 Jump to: