59 coaches online • Server time: 23:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Correct. The rules monkeys decided that frenzy was two seperate actions.

I have never heard or read about that clarification. It runs strictly against the 'one action per player per turn' principle.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Correct. The rules monkeys decided that frenzy was two seperate actions.

I have never heard or read about that clarification. It runs strictly against the 'one action per player per turn' principle.

But they are very clear that you will not get the 2:nd block with frenzy if you push the ballcarrier into the endzone (unless you got strip ball). It is all in the FAQ.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

James_Probert wrote:
note this from the rulebook for point 2
Quote:
If a player from the moving team enters (or was already in) the opposing team's end-zone, and has or obtains the ball, then he may not voluntarily leave the end zone for any reason during the same action, nor may he hand off or pass the ball - he is far to intent on scoring the touchdown himself!

I have never heard of this either. Can somebody give a hint where it is written?
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

From the FAQ section in LRB5:

Quote:
Q: If a player with Strip Ball pushes a player with the ball into his end
zone is this a Touchdown? Likewise what happens if a Frenzy player’s
first block pushes a player with the ball into the End zone?
A: No, as stated in the rules, a player has to be standing and holding a
ball to score. This doesn’t happen with Strip Ball. As for Frenzy, the
touchdown is scored as soon as the player is pushed into the end zone.
The Frenzy player does not get the 2nd block

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 22:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
James_Probert wrote:
note this from the rulebook for point 2
Quote:
If a player from the moving team enters (or was already in) the opposing team's end-zone, and has or obtains the ball, then he may not voluntarily leave the end zone for any reason during the same action, nor may he hand off or pass the ball - he is far to intent on scoring the touchdown himself!

I have never heard of this either. Can somebody give a hint where it is written?

Page 15 in the CRP.
End of the "Scoring touchdowns in your turn"
Lerysh

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2010 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

It's written in the FAQ section at the end of the LRB 5 and 6 document, specifically mentions frenzy and pushing the ball carrier into the endzone.
gandresch

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

LRB5 and 6 differ in the way, that TD are treated. In 5 you could run through the zone and leave it again, in 6 it is clearly mentioned, that a player, that is able to score, will not leave the zone and make an instant TD the moment, he enters the zone.
A vamp on Bloodlust isn't able to score, so he may leave the zone. This is the only way, i can think, that the active player may leave it again. But like i said, he isn't able to score, so there is no way, why he should stay in the zone.
The rules for pushing the ball carrier to the endzone are clear, too. There is an action, that pushes the player to the endzone. During this action, the player can fall over and lose the ball or he could be made losing the ball by Strip Ball. A prone player can't score, so if he falls down, at the end of the action he's not standing and can therefor not score. Strip Ball makes him standing in the endzone, but Strip Ball works before the end of the action and therefor he doesn't have the ball to score.
If after all actions are done (which for Frenzy means one of the block is performed completely), then a player with the ball, that is standing in the endzone has scored a TD. End of the action for a Bloodlust vamp means, he has to bite someone to complete his action or leave the field.

If after Strip Ball the ball scatters to another player in the endzone, then the one block is performed as normal and after that, the player with the ball has scored a TD.

If you have any more questions on that, just read the "Blood Lust"-discussion on tffb. Every rule and when it applies is written there in a very clear way.

Greets,
gan
Irgy

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
For what it's worth, here's my opinion. As much as I love BB, this is one of those stupid, overly-complicated rules. Just like in real football, once a player crosses into the opposing teams endzone with the ball and does not drop the ball, it should be a TD and the turn should end immediately, moving to the next kick-off.

This would end all this need for bizarre rules clarification, and on top of that, it makes sense. Does the referee watch you running around the endzone waiting for you to stop and go to one knee first? It is based on football, not rugby.

As for OFAB/Blood Lust, add some fluff. If a blood lusted Vamp scores then it is a TD and he runs over to the nearest throng of cheering fans of the team and gorges himself. Just like NFLers jumping into the arms of their fans on a TD, but a little more intimate. Wink

That's all fine, but it is changing the rules. The new client is a great opportunity to actually have the rules implemented correctly. This is probably a fairly low priority one but it's still a difference.

The biggest benefit of implementing the rules correctly is to avoid confusing people who play tabletop.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

gandresch wrote:

A vamp on Bloodlust isn't able to score, so he may leave the zone. This is the only way, i can think, that the active player may leave it again.

I see no rule that say vampires can leave the endzone if they have the ball, even if they failed their blood lust roll. Rules say that player can't leave the endzone for any reason. So vamp would go:
"Oooo, im gonna make a td. But im so hungry... NO! focus on the td. Juicy people in the crowd. Gota.. make... td... AAAAARG!" (drops ball and throw himself into the crowd)
koadah

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't voluntarily leave the end zone.

The vamp does not end his turn holding the ball. It's an involuntary action. Drops the ball and dives into the crowd.

Edit:

I agree with correctly implementing the rules but those rules are horribly inconsistent. i.e. different on offense and defense.
You should be able to frenzy the ball carrier through the end zone. IMO

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:

The biggest benefit of implementing the rules correctly is to avoid confusing people who play tabletop.

I didn't know there was a tabletop version of Fantasy Football.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
For what it's worth, here's my opinion. As much as I love BB, this is one of those stupid, overly-complicated rules. Just like in real football, once a player crosses into the opposing teams endzone with the ball and does not drop the ball, it should be a TD and the turn should end immediately, moving to the next kick-off.

This would end all this need for bizarre rules clarification, and on top of that, it makes sense. Does the referee watch you running around the endzone waiting for you to stop and go to one knee first? It is based on football, not rugby.

As for OFAB/Blood Lust, add some fluff. If a blood lusted Vamp scores then it is a TD and he runs over to the nearest throng of cheering fans of the team and gorges himself. Just like NFLers jumping into the arms of their fans on a TD, but a little more intimate. Wink

That's all fine, but it is changing the rules. The new client is a great opportunity to actually have the rules implemented correctly. This is probably a fairly low priority one but it's still a difference.

I agree with what you are saying, but I am suggesting clearing up both the FFB rules and the TT rules. (Though I realize the rules are supposed to be set in stone now.) I would rather see this as a FFB "house rule" at the very least. This thread is a good indicator how confusing the rules are in this situation.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

I think that once the player crosses into the EZ it should be a TD, BUT I would love to see the Frenzy player be able to carry on in rage and still be able to hit the TD scorer again. Twisted Evil
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
From the FAQ section in LRB5:

Quote:
Q: If a player with Strip Ball pushes a player with the ball into his end
zone is this a Touchdown? Likewise what happens if a Frenzy player’s
first block pushes a player with the ball into the End zone?
A: No, as stated in the rules, a player has to be standing and holding a
ball to score. This doesn’t happen with Strip Ball. As for Frenzy, the
touchdown is scored as soon as the player is pushed into the end zone.
The Frenzy player does not get the 2nd block

makes sense. A touchdown is listed as one of the reasons for a turnover. when that ball is carried into the opposing team's endzone, turn is instantly over, and a TD is registered.

Post   Posted: May 19, 2010 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
koadah wrote:

I think that once the player crosses into the EZ it should be a TD, BUT I would love to see the Frenzy player be able to carry on in rage and still be able to hit the TD scorer again. Twisted Evil

I motion to incorporate this houserule in the client. anyone to second?
Very Happy

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
 Jump to: