33 coaches online • Server time: 09:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which blockdice do you prefer
Classic old blockdice
55%
 55%  [ 79 ]
New design
19%
 19%  [ 28 ]
Don't care
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
Total Votes : 143

JRooney

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the push result should look the same, but other than that think they are fine/great. It's the result that matters not the picture of the result.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

While I like the concept of the numbered block dice I don't like the implemention and find them less easy to read which may cause some misclicks.

As has been said the use of words (push pow etc)could work well too.

I do however like the new impact ones best and would advocate their use in the new client.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

/me prefer Galak's dice

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

GalakStarscraper wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Sorry if I seemed OTT, but I can't get across more how confusing and ugly I (and everyone else I seem to play with, it has to be said) find the old/current ones! Wink
Understood ... they are not to everyone's taste (and I'll openly admit the silver and red ones are hard to read). However we've sold somewhere around 2000 sets of those dice ... but there are now 2 companies already selling knockoffs ... so when a 3rd came to us and wanted to sell some we sold them the designs you see above that we had done by an artist but had never used.

For the person that asked if they should use those or if I had graphics. If the above images are actually going to be used ... have the person in charge of that modification email me at Impact! and I'll work on getting them a better image to use.

Galak

If Kalimar is good with these I will email you Galak and get the artwork to replace the current dice images.

Thanks for the offer.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure I am. Go right ahead. And don't forget the FFB logo, will you ? Wink
maysrill

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have been OK with the "new" dice if it weren't for the "X" in place of the skulls. Galak's dice are too sweet to ignore though. I'm all for adopting those when the we get approval.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Sure I am. Go right ahead. And don't forget the FFB logo, will you ? Wink

What FFB logo? Laughing

I think this is a great opportunity to have the client using 'real' dice and give a little nod to Galak/Impact for their efforts with FBB.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2010 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@Galak: do u have the original images for those? or should we try to make the dice for the client from the picture?

While I still think dice would not be what GW would attack first, you are right that the poll needed more options.

I made that poll in a hurry I admit, and I didnt realize how hot an issue this turned out to be, I just wanted to see if i was the only one that really did not like the current design.

Guess I wasn't :s
benjysmyth

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2010 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

New dice in the client = pure sexeh. Major grats to WhatBall

That is all.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2010 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!

I think they work better now, and everyone gets their skull dice. I tried to keep it really simple with only 3 icons. Never did understand the ! on defender stumbles.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2010 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I concur, good job on the new dice.

And thanks to Galak for offering to use the new design, even if it didnt't port well to the client.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2010 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

We tried a couple sets of the Impact dice on both black and white dice, plus with colour icons, but they didn't work as well at the small size.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new ones.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2010 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

New block dice are much, much better!
 Jump to: