24 coaches online • Server time: 01:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: May 01, 2010 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hello, i was wondering if it is possible to use FFB in standalone mode? i dont always have time to play a full game and also my 5y.o. daughter likes to play bbowl with me and thought it would be cool if we could play on the new client.
On1

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually i would like to support this thread a bit, i need stand alone to test bugs.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

+1

I would love a stand alone mode. I often don't have time to play a game, but have some time to try some stuff out. I also like playing for fun against someone visiting.

It would also make it much easier to check icons on the pitch. Wink
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Some bugtests are just too difficult to set up between two coaches. It's often the things that are silly to do if you actually play to win, but nevertheless, if the rules allow it, it should be tested for bugs.

Also, in a stand alone mode (given that you can edit the team), you will be able to test out some skill combos that takes a long time to get through normal progression.

In any case, if there's possibility for a stand alone mode, these bugs might be discovered before they appear in a competitive environment.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

but doesnt the client get all the team info from fumbbl now?

so standalone could be an issue.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that this client will ever work in standalone mode. It is an client-server-solution where the client and server constantly talk to eachother, the server feeding the client with dicerolls and saving down gameplay directly.
This architecture makes it possible with all the nice features we have in the client, like watching replay meanwhile we play and so on. It also means that each spectator just needs to connect to the server, and not to the client, so huge games will not crash due to a specific clients computer and connection specification.

When Kalimar is testing offline, i bet he has his own private server which feeds his client.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a better request would be for non-official games to be able to be played in the client where you could load a roster of your choice.

I would really welcome it.
f_alk

Post   Posted: May 25, 2010 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Seconded-
with that a lot of skills and features could be checked easier.
nin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2010 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Great for bugtesting... if it's not too complicated to make it work
 Jump to: