30 coaches online • Server time: 00:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DMNT

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

When I accidentally click on the wrong square, but manage to hold the button pressed, I'm able to select a different square where I release the mouse button. Anyway, the action is towards the square that the mouse button was pressed instead of that release square. Compare that to the standard OK/CANCEL -buttons, where the target is the button where the mouse button is released.

I'm not that familiar with the Java events that I could say what to excactly do, but I think that the proper way of catching clicks is to observe the square where mouse button is released.

Now I use keyboard when possible (is it possible with PUSHBACK?)

Other request is saving actions that are taken. I know, that connection breaks cause problems with synchronization, but by saving actions to each client they could negotiate to find out what actions have taken place. Example:

Player A's turn: Moves lineman 5 squares, dodges 1, moves 1. Chooses blitzer and blitz move. Has moved 2 squares when Player B can't receive any TCP-packets and therefore doesn't see the moves. He continues to move 3 more squares and blitzes the opponents player, with to POWs. Opponen is knocked prone. At this point the player A's BBowl client finds out that packets never reach player B. Player A's client has however saved this stream of actions, and is able to tell player B all that happened (including the dice rolls). The player B's client then catches up and game continues from where it ended. Verification of the dice rolls (someone could poison his save in the event of netsplit, and add some block-BH's there) could be done by sending the random number seed in the very beginning of the match and comparing the dice rolls throughout the match.
 Jump to: