38 coaches online • Server time: 10:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
truckerpunk

Post   Posted: May 06, 2010 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey. I was just wondering; will the client allow team logos to be shown on the pitch?

I really like personalizing my teams with logos, and it would be nice if the client supported this, just like Ski Junkies. Not a big loss if not, but it sure is a charm.

Keep up the good work on the client, and thanks for to everyone who are developing it.

Cheers.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. I currently plan to have the team logos shown on the flags left and right of the pitch. Talking with Christer about how to enable this (as the logo has to come from the Fumbbl team page, of course). So it's on the way, really. That avatar is really disturbing.

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %07, %2010 - %11:%May; edited 1 time in total
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
of the pitch

No logo on the pitch then?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

/me slaps Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

ON the flags not ON the pitch Smile
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I realy like the way logos are shown in the old client. Why can't we have the logos on the grass? The flags are covered most of the time (one side show the reserves and the other side is showing active player) and no-one will see the logos. And if we ever are allowed to transfer lrb4 teams to FFB we wouldn't be able to use most their logos since they would be to large to fit on the flags.

Pretty please, do so the logos are shown ON the pitch.
BooAhl

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

My wife is due in 2 months so that makes that avatar REALLY disturbing
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

@were_m_eye: you overlook though that you will be able to have custom pitches also. So if you want to play at "your" stadium have a customized pitch on your team page and open up the game (so you are the home team). Having customizable pitches does NOT mix well with blending in team logos.
Buur

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Boo that is how children comes into the world, thats why they tell the tale with the stork!

.Buur

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
@were_m_eye: you overlook though that you will be able to have custom pitches also. So if you want to play at "your" stadium have a customized pitch on your team page and open up the game (so you are the home team). Having customizable pitches does NOT mix well with blending in team logos.

But if im not going to see my opponents logo and he isn't going to see mine, what's the point of making a logo?

Last edited by Were_M_Eye on %b %07, %2010 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My opinion, for what it's worth. Wink

I would like to see on pitch team logos, but with similar options to the custom icons.

Team logos settings:
1. Default, both on
2. Just my logo (could appear on both sides to represent my field)
3. No logos

I generally like seeing the other team's logo too, but with some of them they are plain ugly or disruptive to the play because they are a big dark box and it would be great to turn it off.

Edit: I too find that avatar really disturbing.
Kalimar

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Just had a chat with Christer about that and here is what we came up with: customized team logos (from the team page) will appear on the pitch as in the old client. I take WhatBall up on the customization idea.

Plus there will be roster logos (from the roster xml) representing a race which get displayed on the flags. We cannot use those from the lrb 1:1 though for the known reasons. So we'll have to wait on some volunteer to do those (in a format that fits the flags).

Last edited by Kalimar on %b %07, %2010 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The main problem with this is transpacency and placing things on top of another image.
What i would like to see is the possibility to have a custom endzone. So i could have the team-name and logo written in a cool way.
That would not disturb the pitch as much and would give some artistic freedom to people.
Calthor

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Just had a chat with Christer about that and here is what we came up with: customized team logos (from the team page) will appear on the pitch as in the old client. I take WhatBall up on the customization idea.

Plus there will be roster logos (from the roster xml) representing a race which get displayed on the flags. We cannot use those from the lrb 1:1 though for the known reasons. So we'll have to wait on some volunteer to do those (in a format that fits the flags).

Great news! The more customisation, the better.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: May 07, 2010 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the quick response Kalimar, great to hear!
 Jump to: