53 coaches online • Server time: 19:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you play to win?
I Play for blood what's the ball?
14%
 14%  [ 348 ]
I play to win a stun is as good as a cas for me during a drive.
29%
 29%  [ 723 ]
Both, blood and glory for me!
56%
 56%  [ 1405 ]
Total Votes : 2476

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2004 - 09:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guy? I ain't no Big Guy!

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

At the start of the game, move the play window so the bar with the luck and turn times in it is off the top of the screen.

If more people did this, there'd be less whining about 'luck' and both players would enjoy the game more.

Example: a few games ago, after the end of my turn 3 my oppo told me 'wow..you've still only got 17% luck'. To which I replied 'really, didn't think it was going too badly'.

If I'd known the luck was at 17% I might have been frustrated, but I had the bar off the top of the screen and was enjoying the game anyway. (And I won it in the end, too)

Ignorance, in this case, is bliss.

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2004 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

A thundering thanks to everyone for this thread, BTW. It's invaluable.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that it's important to anticipate the possibility of bad luck on your opponents turn. For example, the ball carrier has broken away, you can't reach him, and he only has to gfi once to score. Pick the guy who can get nearest and GET NEAR!! If he misses that gfi roll (unlikely but we've all seen it happen) and you've STILL got no one in range, you will be kicking yourself for the rest of the game. Same deal if your halfling is the only one who can put a tackle zone on the Ogre who's about to score. Sure he'll probably Blitz you and score anyway, but what if he doesn't? Try and prepare for the worst, once you've got that covered, try and prepare for the best.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Newbies can now visit the Great Replays page for in-game examples of how these theories play out.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

shep maybe link it to Fumbbl_academy?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Tip 30+
if u have to block one of your opponents players, have a look and see who Doesn't have block.

Tip30+1
If you see a high strength player without block, ur turn went perfectly etc, consider blocking the high strength guy... you have no idea how frustrating it can be for your opponent... 2 dice block in their favour, and u pull down the RO, BO or Mummy. dangerous but fun!

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you have Block and opponent does not, and you make that 2 dice block on his favour, it's like 2+, 2+ roll not to get hurt yourself. And 4+, 4+ roll to knock your opponent down. I can't count the percentages, but someone might. Usually coaches think that "it's -2db, no worries" and when you push those biggies away, they are amazed.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

yay 13 months and 21 days later and the thread is reborn , i remember this one Razz
Panda_

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
At the start of the game, move the play window so the bar with the luck and turn times in it is off the top of the screen.

If more people did this, there'd be less whining about 'luck' and both players would enjoy the game more.

Example: a few games ago, after the end of my turn 3 my oppo told me 'wow..you've still only got 17% luck'. To which I replied 'really, didn't think it was going too badly'.

If I'd known the luck was at 17% I might have been frustrated, but I had the bar off the top of the screen and was enjoying the game anyway. (And I won it in the end, too)

Ignorance, in this case, is bliss.

Use a bigger resolution, so you don't have those problems, and you see all the window.

Also never talk about your luck, or your team will get gang-fouled, crowpushed more than before.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

actually the luck bar is my savior , it reminds me to be gracious when im lucky ands allows me to tell people with 87% luck crying about their first failed block in turn 7 of the second half to stop whining Razz
diabalos

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2006 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="redniwer"])Foul like a surgeon not like a clubber, foul tactically or strategically and when you do make it count, """"fouling a 0spp lineman because he was there is lame unless you have the ref"""""", fouling the str 5 wardancer is just good sense.

if he will be able to do harm in your oponents turn then he should be stunned... so go on and foul him

But if you do manage to kill him the rest of the world will rejoice!
So try your luck you may just get that 6!
keybounce

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What does the luck indicator actually indicate?

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

um...luck?
keybounce

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2006 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, let me try again:

Does it affect the game in any way, or does it reflect your past rolls?

If it reflects your past rolls, does a reading of 30% mean "30% success, 70% fails"?

Or does it say "Your chance of success was 16.667%, you missed, so you got exactly what you expected" and then adjust ... who knows how?

Jump to: