58 coaches online • Server time: 20:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Baffers

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

This may already have been adressed some time ago, but I can't find it anywhere, so here goes.

On page 21 of the LRB, it states that each assist gives +1 str to the player assisted. Okay, so far so good. Here's a scenario: a str 6 rat ogre blocks a wood elf lineman (str 3). The rat ogre has 3 assists from other skaven. The wood elf lineman has 2 assists from other wood elves, standing by, minding their own set of nuts. In short: the rat ogre now has str 9 for the block, and the wood elf has str 5. Everyone still with me? Right. Ergo, this should be a 2 die block. Oddly enough, the client rolls 3 dice for this block.

Now my question is: am I wrong in assuming that that should have been a 2 die block, or is there something faulty in the client? It seems as if the client cancels out opposing assists. In the above scenario, the rat ogre would then "only" be str 7 vs the wood elf's 3, which would explain the 3 die block.

Any comments?
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

A player only assists if it is not in an opposing players tackle zone or has guard.
The only way i can see that they had 2 assists and you had 3 is for at least some, if not all, of the players having guard, otherwise, assists will be cancelled. As it is unlikely the two wood elf assisters had guard, I would assume they were cancelled.
If this is true it is St5 plays ST3 so I can only assume that at least 2 of your assists were unzoned or guarders. Am I right?
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Further down that section

Quote:

In order to make an assist, the player
1. Must be adjacent to the enemy player involved in the block, and ...
2. Must not be in the tackle zone of any other player from the opposing team
3. Must be standing

Now I don't know how exactly the setup was, but I can't really imagine any way where the assists were not cancelling each other out due to the tackle zone rule. Unless some players giving assists have the guard skill of course.

-Mnemon
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't remember but under the new wild animal rules can they use assists?
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
______
_w__s_
__RLs_
_w__s_
?_____
w = wood elf (any)
s = skaven (any)
R = Rat Ogre (blocker)
L = WE Lineman (defender)

Seems likely that there was someone on one of the WE assists ("?" above, for example) that negated an assist, making it 9 vs 4 str.

Got a link to the replay?

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Link to the replay: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=225785

Check turn 6, half 1 of the skaven, and check the block the rat ogre made. The client rolled 3 dice for that block.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I've noticed that it does that. Never thought it that important though - and I'm not totally clear on how the assists should be counted in the board-game. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I have allways added and subtracted str for blocking guy only on table top Smile
Baffers

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if we are following the LRB rules here, you should add str to the player assisted for each assist. Is it important? Not really, although sometimes it is. Just being a nitpicker about it. Wink
Lord_Holle

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild animals can't give or receive assists. Page 26 LRB
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

*cough* Rules Review *cough*

Wild Animal got a thorough make-over. Get up to speed, mate. Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That's the old ruling. This is the new one:
Page 25: Replace the Wild Animal entry with: Wild Animals are extremely violent creatures. If you declare any action other than Block with a Wild Animal, roll a D6. On a roll of 1-3, the Wild Animal stands still and roars in rage instead, and the action is wasted. Note that the Wild Animal no longer has to move first and that he can now use assists.
Baffers

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, too late. Oh well. But still, even if wa didn't receive assists, that sure as hell wouldn't explain the 3 die block!
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The client does it wrong. A ST7 player blocking a st3 player with one assist each gets three dice in the client, but the LRB rules say that the st7 player would need st9 (ie, an additional assist in this case).
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay so that's something that should either go in "Differences from LRB" or be labeled as a bug. Smile